• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let me have it both barrels please

iSign

I think you'll be wasting time and money on some course taught in a college. They aren't specific enough to the sign industry.

Truer words were never spoken!

Nice sketch Bob!
Now we just hope Addie try's it instead of trying to by yours for $50 :smile:

...oh, that's right, he already resisted offering Pat money, so there still is hope!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I think you'll be wasting time and money on some course taught in a college. They aren't specific enough to the sign industry.

The ones that are:

Intro drawing I
Intro Drawing II
2d Design
Color Design
Intro Typography,
Intro Printmaking (screen printing)

any community college has these classes.

Locals Find!

Here is another idea I was kinda playing around with.

Its totally different than the others. Not the old time theme I was trying and just well I don't know what to call it theme wise. Its a doodle.

Attachments

• americanr.jpg
    americanr.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 77

Locals Find!

The ones that are:

Intro drawing I
Intro Drawing II
2d Design
Color Design
Intro Typography,
Intro Printmaking (screen printing)

any community college has these classes.

Thanks Tyrant. I will keep that list handy.

I already know screenprinting as I owned a screenprinting factory for a while. I hate screenprinting. I was sorta happy when my partner stole all my money and equipment. I hated that place. I hate pulling a squeegee, cleaning screens, ink on everything I owned and most of all the damn fumes from the dryer.

Locals Find!

Here is my latest version. I changed up the fonts. Tried to keep it simple and clean.

Better or Worse??

Attachments

• sign-concept-3.jpg
    sign-concept-3.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 72

Locals Find!

Smaller corners...they're embellishments, not focal points.

Sweet. So you think the fonts and everything else are ok?? I was really stressing out about those fonts. I sat for hours staring at everything posted trying to make it jive in my mind. Then searching through hundreds of fonts to choose those.

Locals Find!

You are too married to the enclosed panel idea...

I would love to do something better and more dimensional however, I know what this clients budget is and I don't have access to anyone with a router.

I want to be able to mount this on a piece of alumacore. In order to keep costs down.

HulkSmash

I would love to do something better and more dimensional however, I know what this clients budget is and I don't have access to anyone with a router.

I want to be able to mount this on a piece of alumacore. In order to keep costs down.

god, 1 less 80 dollar sign out of this world. Thanks!

Pat Whatley

Look, it's letters stuck to a board with a border slopped onto the absolute edge, nothing more, nothing less. It's not atrocious, it's not great either.

Your fonts are adequate....BUT BORING AS HELL. There's no style and no flow to them...they're just letters stuck on a board. "Gallery" looks like it was just tossed on there as an afterthought....again, letters stuck on a board.

And I'm hoping it's a monitor issue but that blue color makes me ill.