• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lets see your shop! Post pics inside and out

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Ok good idea, how is it attached, contact cement or something that will allow it to be removed (replaced)?

Thanks for all the info..

The guy that built them put base moulding on the outside to hold the pvc in place. They are not glued down.

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 111

SignManiac

Just ordered a 5'x10 self healing mat with grid. Plan to build a new table this Saturday. I still have to build the fireplace in the showroom and a couple of other goodies.

SignManiac

So this is just a start. I still have several more weeks of work before I open my doors to the public. First pic is a panorama of the space before I started working on it. The rest are various shots showing the progress so far. It's going to look tons better when its done to my expectations. I plan to paint the floor in front of the Ferrari asphalt gray and then paint yellow highway divider stripes on the floor down the middle leading up to the car. Thinking about doing a shallow dimensional road kill armadillo on the floor :) I have blue LED's on order and will back light the edge around the car, it's floating off of the wall.

I decided to build out the door jambs using up scrap MDF and painted the center pieces in Matthews metallic copper. Looks better in person. Still need to build the weeding table and put in swing doors to keep customers behind the counter area. I have track lighting yet to be put up to light up the gallery wall. There's one wall not visible in these shots where I'm building a fake working fireplace that will be on all the time. I'm going to use the texture plus stone look panels to close it all in so it looks a real brick fireplace. Might even play Christmas music year round to annoy my employees.

I didn't include my office or my staff office in these shots but everything in the front covers around 4k s.f. All the messy production is in the back.

This has been going on six months now and I'm anxious to get it done, once and for all. Should be pretty slick when all is said and done.

Attachments

• PANO_20120329_113303.jpg
    PANO_20120329_113303.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 128

phototec

So this is just a start. I still have several more weeks of work before I open my doors to the public. First pic is a panorama of the space before I started working on it. The rest are various shots showing the progress so far. It's going to look tons better when its done to my expectations. I plan to paint the floor in front of the Ferrari asphalt gray and then paint yellow highway divider stripes on the floor down the middle leading up to the car. Thinking about doing a shallow dimensional road kill armadillo on the floor :) I have blue LED's on order and will back light the edge around the car, it's floating off of the wall.

This has been going on six months now and I'm anxious to get it done, once and for all. Should be pretty slick when all is said and done.

:goodpost: Everything is really awesome, nice job! :rock-n-roll:

One question, the wood texture planks on the floor, is that typical laminate flooring or the newer vinyl plank flooring that looks like wood, but is more moisture and wear resistant than laminate flooring?

:help

SignManiac

Newer commercial 20 year warrantee vinyl with wood grain texture planking. Looks fantastic. Not cheap but nice product.

phototec

Newer commercial 20 year warrantee vinyl with wood grain texture planking. Looks fantastic. Not cheap but nice product.

Is it the glue down or the new floating type that has glue on the edges, just saw them installing the floating type at our local Walmart last week, looked really nice.

:smile:

ironchef

A wine fridge for sure. Some bottles water, maybe some refreshments? All i have to offer my customers is water from the 5 gallon tank. Lol

stickerboy

Thanks guys- this was helpful. Anyone have a radical sign for themselves, I hate to say it but Applebees seems to have better signage then we ever do.

SignManiac

Nothing radical about my sign that's outside. Made it from a $100 worth of scraps! Just to help them find the door.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
My shop...I may or may not put signs on the entrance doors...

:tongue:

Attachments

• 8X052803.05.jpg
    8X052803.05.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 125
J

john1

My shop...I may or may not put signs on the entrance doors...

:tongue:

Just bought a new vehicle a few months ago and i was never into vehicle advertising on the sides of my personal cars but hell, I sell this stuff so i have to practice it :thumb:

Doing a partial side only wrap using of course, Oracal :clapping:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Nice shop! I see your janitors keep the shoes nice and clean lol.

:Big Laugh

Yeah...I wish they'd buy me some new ones. I'm running the tread off these.

Just bought a new vehicle a few months ago and i was never into vehicle advertising on the sides of my personal cars but hell, I sell this stuff so i have to practice it :thumb:

Doing a partial side only wrap using of course, Oracal :clapping:

I thought about vinyl or magnets but to me (for this area) it's almost like advertising "hey, this truck is used for business - break in and take my tools!"...so I keep putting it off.