• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lets see your shop! Post pics inside and out

Charlie J

So this is just a start. I still have several more weeks of work before I open my doors to the public. First pic is a panorama of the space before I started working on it. The rest are various shots showing the progress so far. It's going to look tons better when its done to my expectations. I plan to paint the floor in front of the Ferrari asphalt gray and then paint yellow highway divider stripes on the floor down the middle leading up to the car. Thinking about doing a shallow dimensional road kill armadillo on the floor :) I have blue LED's on order and will back light the edge around the car, it's floating off of the wall.

I decided to build out the door jambs using up scrap MDF and painted the center pieces in Matthews metallic copper. Looks better in person. Still need to build the weeding table and put in swing doors to keep customers behind the counter area. I have track lighting yet to be put up to light up the gallery wall. There's one wall not visible in these shots where I'm building a fake working fireplace that will be on all the time. I'm going to use the texture plus stone look panels to close it all in so it looks a real brick fireplace. Might even play Christmas music year round to annoy my employees.

I didn't include my office or my staff office in these shots but everything in the front covers around 4k s.f. All the messy production is in the back.

This has been going on six months now and I'm anxious to get it done, once and for all. Should be pretty slick when all is said and done.

I hate you.

SignManiac

I'll take that as a compliment Charlie :) Nothing that anyone else can't do. Just need to make it happen. I think of it as an investment in my company when a customer walks in and can compare me to the competition. I believe strong in first impressions and after all, that's what I'm selling my customers on.

Just yesterday I made a sale to someone who had been everywhere else before finding me. Easiest sale I've had in a long time...

SignManiac

All of my employees are heavy into Goth. It makes them smile! Might even buy them all black trench coats with our logo on them to work in :)

Charlie J

I'll take that as a compliment Charlie :) Nothing that anyone else can't do. Just need to make it happen. I think of it as an investment in my company when a customer walks in and can compare me to the competition. I believe strong in first impressions and after all, that's what I'm selling my customers on.

Just yesterday I made a sale to someone who had been everywhere else before finding me. Easiest sale I've had in a long time...

I hope my shop is half as nice as yours someday. :U Rock:

Farmboy

Our new shop should be complete in about 3 weeks. Crew had to gut it and now in the process of building it back out. I've got at least 3000 sqft of upstairs to play with sometime down the road. Post pics when complete.

SignManiac

Good luck with the build out Tom. I know exactly what you will be going through. It's not easy but you will smile once it's completed. I'm sure it will be kickazz when you finish!

ForgeInc

Here are a few pics of ours (looking a little more clean than normal)

Attachments

• Forge_16.jpg
    Forge_16.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Forge_11-1.jpg
    Forge_11-1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Forge_7_B.jpg
    Forge_7_B.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Forge_5.jpg
    Forge_5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Forge_6.jpg
    Forge_6.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 123

ForgeInc

Forge I really like the industrial look you have going on. Especially cool is the Quonset hut building!!!!

Thx, we tried to use metal and more raw materials to tie into our business name "Forge" and all...the conference room pendant light was also built to kinda look like it's glowing red.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Woot! The property I mentioned earlier in the thread..... done. Closed the deal today. About 1.3 acres with 4 buildings with a total of right about 21,500 SF of floor space. The main building with the offices and what will be the main shop has about 3200 SF with a upstairs balcony level overlooking the main production area. The upstairs also has another 1000 SF roughed in, already framed, all the electrical is done, just needs flooring, ceiling and drywall. The same main building has an attached 5600 SF heavily insulated workshop with a grade level 16' wide door, loading dock, 6 foot exhaust fan, 3 massive gas heaters, 15 foot drop ceiling. Perfect for wraps. Then there is a non climate controlled 9400 SF warehouse with airplane hangar size rolling doors on each end and a couple of smaller storage buildings as well. The property used to be a millwork dating back several decades. The poor economy killed them and they got foreclosed. :( On a more positive note, I got enough very high end lumber with the property to build a few nice homes! Stuff like 16' long x 12" wide x 4" thick custom made mahogany arched beams and whatnot. Going to take at least a month of work just to get it minimally ready to move into it. I'll try to post a separate thread in the next week with pictures so anyone interested can see the progress.

J

john1

Well, this month was dead slow (literally dead) and seeing all these nice shops makes it even worse lol Keep it up guys, At least someones doin it!

Bigdee

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I love it. Gives me ideas on how to setup my tiny space that I'm leasing. Although I do get access to the rest of the shop if necessary.

Printing/working room 18' x 16' currently being built:

IMG_0052.jpg

Installation area (excuse the mess):

IMG_0053.jpg

Hoping one day to follow in the foot steps of other successful signs101 members!

Last edited by a moderator: