• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Like MC Hammer Says- "You Can't Paint This!"

MontereySigns

Check out the before and after photos of this project we did today. It's the lobby of a Ford dealership. The GM thought the lobby of the service area was too "prison like" with it's concrete block walls. With Photoshop, our digital printer, and advanced materials we transformed this space into a view of the local landscape.

Cost to customer $1200. Our labor cost for two guys, two hours $60. LG LD 3880 media plus laminate and inks $160. Nice profit.

-Bud

Attachments

• Ford Dealer Wall Mural-small1.jpg
    Ford Dealer Wall Mural-small1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Ford Dealer Wall Mural-small3.jpg
    Ford Dealer Wall Mural-small3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 106

shakey0818

Looks great,what a way to dress up a wall.I might have made the showroom/cashier into a sign and post in the picture.Nice profit too.

OldPaint

you forgot the price of the printer))))))))))))))))))))))))) and yea it coulda been painted.....2 good painters, 4-6 hours, $40 worth of paint for say same $1200,..........hehehehehehehehehhee

Flame

you forgot the price of the printer))))))))))))))))))))))))) and yea it coulda been painted.....2 good painters, 4-6 hours, $40 worth of paint for say same $1200,..........hehehehehehehehehhee

Not even in the same ball league. Sorry all you brushwackers, you can't touch this (and it's not even that good of a photo). I have major respect for those who can paint, but paint < digitally printed photo, if your goal is a realistic photo.

SignosaurusRex

Not even in the same ball league. Sorry all you brushwackers, you can't touch this (and it's not even that good of a photo). I have major respect for those who can paint, but paint < digitally printed photo, if your goal is a realistic photo.

I'd rather look at a PAINTED wall mural 8 hours a day! That photo does absolutely nothing to make that cell any less depressing. If I had to work in that hole, I'd be missing more days just because of that photo. :covereyes:

(No offense intended toward the OP)

Flame

I'd rather look at a PAINTED wall mural 8 hours a day! That photo does absolutely nothing to make that cell any less depressing. If I had to work in that hole, I'd be missing more days just because of that photo. :covereyes:

(No offense intended toward the OP)

Well to each their own I suppose...

Sticky Signs

I think it looks great. Might not be the best picture, but let's face it, it's a ford dealership so it works... Good price too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks good and I agree that making the words into a sign along that road would've been a neat touch. Nice price, too.

As for Flamey's comment.... evidently you've never seen a good artist for you to make such a statement. That’s one of the more foolish things you’ve said in a while. Any pictorial artist could do that in a day or so.

The sky and most of the grass would take about an hour or so, another hour or two for the row of trees and another two hours for the foreground grasses and flowers and maybe an hour for the road and final details.

As you’re always saying….. you view this stuff from 10 feet away. If you’re gonna have your nose up against to smell those flowers, you might notice some differences, but at normal viewing distance….. no problem-O. Besides, it will last for 15 or 20 years. You’ll get tired of looking at it before it wears out.

MikePro

:thread
osnap! i just did a ford dealership too! Bout 2 months ago, the ford dealership opened up a "QuickLane" service department and they had me put up some wall graphics for them:
(installed this solo, just a little over a day combined between the two but in two trips since I had to go the previous afternoon to prep the wall with primer)
Picture 11.png Picture 13.png Picture 10.png Picture 12.png

phototec

Missed opportunity!

I think the time and money the dealer ship invested in the wall graphic should have got them a little more bang for their $1200. Would of been nice to feature a FORD product (my photo) and a really snappy photograph.

Nice install!

:clapping:

Attachments

• Ford%20Dealer%20Wall%20Mural-small1.jpg
    Ford%20Dealer%20Wall%20Mural-small1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 92
  • New Photo with Ford Truck.jpg
    New Photo with Ford Truck.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 94

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I think the time and money the dealer ship invested in the wall graphic should have got them a little more bang for their $1200. Would of been nice to feature a FORD product (my photo) and a really snappy photograph.

Nice install!

:clapping:

I agree. Then you could have changed it to a newer model in a couple of years...or EVERY year.

Jillbeans

It's nice, but I agree, better picture, better idea.
And I would also have rather seen something painted.
And yes, Flamey, it could have been painted.
Cross is right on about the new model suggestion but I would have preferred a Rockwell-esque painting with an old style Ford car, or a Ford assembly line pic in sepia tones.
Love....Jill

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I think the photo looks good. If it's a piece of local scenery that is well known ... well all the better. I don't think a vehicle needs to be in it ... besides ... with that sort of wall treatment ... can't the OP just suggest a digital print of one on something like cintra that can be attached to the wall with spacer for easy removal and replacement? ... then next year or two replace the vehicle if they want?

signmeup

Hmmmm. Not counting the printing time (time perhaps spent drinking tea or taking a nap) this was done in two hours. I'd like to see someone paint this in two hours. You can use two people if you like. Ready, set... GO!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think it looks pretty good.
Maybe consider a matte or low luster laminate to remove the gloss next time.

Being from the islands I would have gone with a nice peaceful beach scene myself.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 93

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I think it looks pretty good.
Maybe consider a matte or low luster laminate to remove the gloss next time.

Being from the islands I would have gone with a nice peaceful beach scene myself.

wayne k
guam usa

That's some serious hard bodies right there boy I'm tellin' you!

Jillbeans

I would definitely buy a car from them if they had a wall like this.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 71

sfr table hockey

What mega pixle would you have used to get this size of a mural?

I have seen some in a sports bar that the pixle was about 1/4 inch square when you looked close, but the graphic looked good standing back 10 - 15 feet.

Check out the before and after photos of this project we did today. It's the lobby of a Ford dealership. The GM thought the lobby of the service area was too "prison like" with it's concrete block walls. With Photoshop, our digital printer, and advanced materials we transformed this space into a view of the local landscape.

Cost to customer $1200. Our labor cost for two guys, two hours $60. LG LD 3880 media plus laminate and inks $160. Nice profit.

-Bud