• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Like MC Hammer Says- "You Can't Paint This!"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm. Not counting the printing time (time perhaps spent drinking tea or taking a nap) this was done in two hours. I'd like to see someone paint this in two hours. You can use two people if you like. Ready, set... GO!

I don't think anyone is questioning if the OP made the right choice or not. For his shop, he made the perfect choice. For his customer.... he made the perfect choice.

The comment was that this picture could not be duplicated by hand.... and that's just a total fallacy pure and simple.

I'm outa practice now, but did many things of this nature years ago. Granted, there will be some imperfections, but then there is banding, smudges and other things in digital prints of today. Every medium has it's flaws, but because someone can't do it or fathom it... is not reason to dismiss it as impossible.

Marlene

it looks nice.

And I would also have rather seen something painted.

maybe but not always. there's a painted mural at my doctor's office that just plain sucks. brush strokes and paint are OK but not everyone out there is Rembrandt. I have seen way too many murals done by "artists" that just look hell to wish for a painted mural! at least with a photo, you can have a tree that looks like a tree instead of artsy fartsy's rendition of a tree that looks more like a melted brown and green alien from some poor planet where everyone is ugly.

not everyone is Joe Diaz!

Jillbeans

Yes, I would rather see plain Disney decals on the walls of my grandson's pediatrician's office than the atrocious Lion King painting there.
My daughter was terrified that I'd critique it in front of the Dr., she knows me too well.

Agreed that a matte laminate would have looked nicer.

Flame

As for Flamey's comment.... evidently you've never seen a good artist for you to make such a statement. That’s one of the more foolish things you’ve said in a while. Any pictorial artist could do that in a day or so.

Don't be so butthurt. Pretty sure I've seen some of the worlds best pictorial artists. But given the option of printing and applying a real photo on the wall, or having someone painting a semi "realistic" scene on the wall, hey...I'm going with the photo. It's quicker, cheaper, removable, more realistic. Yes there's something to be said for having "art" if you want art on the wall, but not everyone wants that...or really wants to pay for it. Actually, only a small minority would.

I have seen way too many murals done by "artists" that just look hell to wish for a painted mural!

Also true. We got a variety of murals in town, I've heard the artist gets $100 an hour for...and they look like ****. 300' from my store is a bunch of murals that are supposed to look like photos. Well....supposed to, is the best I can describe them.

Agreed that a matte laminate would have looked nicer.

X2

OldPaint

wit till the "round man" sees this. he was a 3M PICTORIAL BILLBOARD PAINTER for years. befor vinyl and print............all those PHOTO REALISTIC BILLBOARDS.........WERE PAINTED!!!!!! and again i make the point........the OP DIDNT INCLUDED THE PRICE OF THE PRINTER.... in his so called profit))))). unless it was given to him, then his profit would stand. heheheheehhe. i guess none of the so called printers ever seen TRUMP LOEIL paintings!!!! translated to English..........it means "to fool the eye." most famous was the painting in winslow az, done on a corner in referance to the EAGLES song..........."take it easy." the windows and the reflection are PAINT!!!!!
http://maxmccoy.com/blog/uploaded_images/IMG_0174-769036.jpg

Pat Whatley

Install looks good and I'm sure you did what they wanted and everybody is happy and you got paid. I do, however, see it as a missed opportunity to have done something cool. Ford dealers have access to an unbelievable number of promotional images they could have used.

OP....it's pretty damn obvious the windows and the chick in the truck are painted.

OldPaint

patti.........just used that one, since it was well know among people who know art........GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND .......ther is a lot more TRUMP LOEIL that is a lot better then that one. i was addressing the OP sayin you cant do this with paint....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cut OP some slack...he went to Penn State.

Yeah, but according to local legends, he was only there in body. He was tokin' that chit and drinking with his biker friends while his mind was in another world...... somewhere I think in Florida.
He had a vision............. Not a very nice one, but it was A-L-L his.......................

OP front.jpg

)))))).)))))))))))))) ;)))))) ) )))))))) )))))))))))))