• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LIVE Cam...Mama Eagle Nesting

Dave Drane

Those birds must be the most magnificent of all the birds of prey. I have wasted so much time coming back to this site, but then it isn't because I am amazed by all birds. Thank you so much for the link HSC!! I will keep an eye on their progress.

CES020

Another one just hatched! I was watching it, the mother was laying down, she got up, backed up, and there was another one, pulling itself out of the shell. It stood up and started chirping, looking up at it's mother!

Very cool site and love the sound side of it.

GypsyGraphics

this is SOOOOO AMAZING!!!!

i so wanted see one of the babies... almost stepped away when i saw her get up!
got to watch her feed both babies!!!
-
-
-
-
step away just for less than a minute and came back to see
-
-
-
-
TWO MAGNIFICENT BALD EAGLES tending to the babies!!!
-
-
-
-
OMG ... what a spectacular site to see!

ova

Been following of/on all day. Trying to clean the shop, but can't seem to get it done due to watching the eagles.

There's a couple been flying around the car wash we own. I first saw them last year, but haven't been able to find their nest. When the sun hits them just right during flight, they look like they're lit up.

Beautiful birds.

Dave

iSign

dammit...
I wasn't going to watch.. I KNEW I would get addicted... just like the one a few years ago.. but decided to just peek in for a minute & got to see the babies getting fed... but OH NOOOO!!!! one of the birds grabbed the food & the mom didn't realize & moved her haed & flipped the baby out of the hollow portion of the nest... tweet tweet... heeeellllppp!!! the baby is teetering on the edge & the mom just positioned herself over the eggs & the other baby... and now I've been glued to this live unfolding drama for 15 unbearable minutes... tweet tweet... heeeellllppp!!!

ova

Thanks Doug. Had to look AGAIN. Pretty early life lesson, but what do I know. Looks like the little guy is making his way back to the hole.

I like how the mother watches as a truck goes by on the road below.

Wish I had a computer at the house.

Dave

GypsyGraphics

Did you see the info part?

How big is the nest?
5-6 feet across, about the same deep; it weighs about 1½ tons.
1.5 tons holy smokes!

What is the history of this pair?
They have been together since the winter of 2007-2008. Her markings at that time indicated that she was about 4 years old. They successfully hatched and fledged 2 eaglets in 2008, then 3 in 2009, and 3 more in 2010.

When were the eggs laid in 2010, and when did they hatch?
First egg was February 25, second on February 28, third on March 5. First hatch was April 3, second on April 6, third on April 9. All three eaglets fledged and are now on the wing but are not being tracked.

iSign

dang it... I have work to do.. will you spell me on the standing guard duty Dave... poor little critter needs some fans out here rooting him on... looks a bit chilly out there on there fringes...

MichaelL

Very cool. While I was atching one Eagle flew in and then the other flew out. Looks like there's at least 2 chicks and 1 unhatched. I tried to find the locale on Google earth and I believe it is approx 43°16'33.04"N 91°46'53.17"W.

ova

dang it... I have work to do.. will you spell me on the standing guard duty Dave... poor little critter needs some fans out here rooting him on... looks a bit chilly out there on there fringes...

Like to oblige, but I need to go home. Got to check on the cat. She's somewhere around 16 yrs old and wasn't doing too good when I left at 6:00am.

I didn't get a darn thing done except sweep and mop the shop today. Wanted to get a PITA kart finished today, but the eagles and my dog did most of the damage to my time.

I'll have to check back in the monring since I don't have a computer at the house.

Hope everyone's Sunday was more productive than mine.

Dave

iSign

Very cool. While I was atching one Eagle flew in and then the other flew out. Looks like there's at least 2 chicks and 1 unhatched. I tried to find the locale on Google earth and I believe it is approx 43°16'33.04"N 91°46'53.17"W.

me and a friend saw that too & I thought the one arriving was the dad... saying "HEY... what the heck ya doing... look at my son out there on the edge dammit"...

my friend says.. "OK, see how you handle it.. I'm going shopping" when the first eagle flew away...

so, got most most important task done for the day... now my addiction is kicking in again... gotta go peek...