• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Location, location, location?

SignManiac

Turned out very nice! I know what you mean about finding time to get it done. I've been working every Saturday on mine, we're too busy during the week to do any personal stuff. Couple of more weeks and I'll have some photo's too.

Letterbox Mike

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more images of the production areas.

Have you seen any increase in sales yet from the visibility?

FrankenSigns.biz

Yes, please let us know how the increased exposure is affecting your business.

Well, no one's going to believe this, but the first day we opened our doors we sold 4 full van wraps to one HVAC Company. Huge sale. Other than that, we are averaging 3-4 walk-ins a day, mostly people that noticed we were new and asking pricing questions. Walk-ins have bought magnetic signs, vinyl lettering and color copies.

I think this was a good move.

HulkSmash

Well, no one's going to believe this, but the first day we opened our doors we sold 4 full van wraps to one HVAC Company. Huge sale. Other than that, we are averaging 3-4 walk-ins a day, mostly people that noticed we were new and asking pricing questions. Walk-ins have bought magnetic signs, vinyl lettering and color copies.

I think this was a good move.

Storefronts do really help, but at the same time you have those people coming in for 100 BC's, and color copies. I think the reward of the bigger jobs def. outweigh the annoying small ones.

best of luck.

FrankenSigns.biz

Just wanted to chime in.

Several of you have asked me privately how things are going since the move. The answer is "incredible". It's the difference between day and night.

As I mentioned the new location has great visibility, a large parking lot where there's always a good place to park, the location has easy access and egress, and all this adds up to a very good decision to move here. Every day we see new faces. Very few walk-ins are tire kickers and I am in such a good mood now I feel no one is wasting my time.

We have landed so many large and well known local clients I can't count them all.

Huge success.

Last edited:

FatCat

Just wanted to chime in.

Several of you have asked me privately how things are going since the move. The answer is "incredible". It's the difference between day and night.

As I mentioned the new location has great visibility, a large parking lot where there's always a good place to park, the location has easy access and egress, and all this adds up to a very good decision to move here. Every day we see new faces. Very few walk-ins are tire kickers and I am in such a good mood now I feel no one is wasting my time.

We have landed so many large and well known local clients I can't count them all.

Huge success.

Thank you for the update! We're in the process of considering a move next year and were wondering what kind of response to expect if we decided to move to a high traffic location vs. another warehouse tucked away somewhere. I think I'll definitely try to look more towards a better storefront now hearing how your experience has been.

brush1

Great news.
I moved in the past from great visibility location to good visibility location but much bigger (from 1K to over 3K) and I'm moving back to smaller but with great visiblity.
Location is very important in any business. Easy access, good parking....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Similar scenario for us as well. Our prior location was very highly visible, it was on a frontage road facing a busy interstate right next to a very busy intersection. But.... not a convenient road for going anywhere so we had little walk ins. Everyone knows who we were due to the visibility.

New location is also highly visible but it is on a street that is/was primarily an industrial area. We have a good sized steel mill across the street and this property used to be a wood millwork. But.... this road is quite busy and a very convenient cut through between 2 busy roads. Since we have been here we get a lot more walk ins including buyers. There have been some tire kickers too though and a few people wanting color change wraps on personal vehicles (never had one of those pan out after they hear the price) and quite a few people stopping in looking for work who have zero experience.