• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Carpet maniacs

JoshLoring

Ya, agree.
Here's inside outside. (inside is brightest)

Attachments

• image-1425345793.jpg
    image-1425345793.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 112

JoshLoring

Printed some more samples on cheapy 50/50 shirts to see how the color held after multiple washes.
Not bad huh?
These were printed off low res google images for test sake. Not for sale.

Attachments

• image-727011818.jpg
    image-727011818.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1347535260.jpg
    image-1347535260.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image-986145200.jpg
    image-986145200.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 121

2B

What heat press did you go with?
Is it a single or dual heating element? if dual how has the 3 Phase electrical plaid in your shop?

are you still happy with your choice of printer /heat press and adding this production capability?
how does the new product line help fit into sales pitches?
at the mats still a customer favorite? any new products that have gotten the WOW factor?

Are customers open to the all poly material? do you find you also use the blends for applications also?

2B

You can't use blends with the sublimation process. It has to be 100% synthetic material. Poly being the most common.

we watched them print to blends, 50/50 being the most cotton they used, and the image took but it was distressed / antiqued in appearance when compared to the 100% poly with the same design

WildWestDesigns

we watched them print to blends, 50/50 being the most cotton they used, and the image took but it was distressed / antiqued in appearance when compared to the 100% poly with the same design

Let me rephrase that. You can print on blends, but it won't adhere and it won't last.

Did you watch them wash the garments? It will look more "distressed" after a wash. The chemistry of the inks won't allow it to adhere to natural fibers like it will to synthetics.

2B

Let me rephrase that. You can print on blends, but it won't adhere and it won't last.

Did you watch them wash the garments? It will look more "distressed" after a wash. The chemistry of the inks won't allow it to adhere to natural fibers like it will to synthetics.

Thanks for clarifying, no did see what happens after a washing and was not told about that aspect to using blends

Charlie J

Yo, I finna need some pricing...fo realz.

but seriously, I like to buy things...I have a couple customers that will buy a rug in a heartbeat.

Thank you.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Thanks for posting this. We've had a bunch of these rug/mat samples sitting here forever and never tried them until I saw your post. They are awesome! We're running them on a rotary press and besides the smell they print up beautifully although we need to back each one up with an extra spacer to retain the constant pressure or else the trailing edge prints a bit light. We also have some similar mats with a tufted pile type set up that we were going to use for custom yoga mats but they are probably too light for door mats. Might try them anyways.

I think we'll be having some made up for us overseas for sure. I think that Coastal has the smaller sizes with nitrile rubber backing for sale as that must be where we got our samples from.

Something cool we're doing, custom microfiber towels, awesome product although the buy in was really really steep as we're having our own fabric spun for us.
two_small_towels_5_1024x1024.jpg

Tai