• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Concept #2

MotorCityMan

To all that I offended in my first post I apologize for losing my temper. It will not happen again. I am truly sorry for my actions. Thank you to all who gave input, it is helping me do better.

Any thoughts on this logo for my company, we are in a small town. Going to be doing a lot of graphics for the High School their mascot is a tiger.

Attachments

• text2985-63-4-7 copy.jpg
    text2985-63-4-7 copy.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 225
  • text2985-63-4-7ff copy.jpg
    text2985-63-4-7ff copy.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Marlene

maybe without the shape in the background. not digging the font for the name as it looks over exposed. back when I shot screens, I would get letters that looked like that when I over exposed the screen and lost the shapeness in the edges of the letters. most customers have no idea how vinyl is cut so the blade may not work or be needed. also don't like the word "and" as it clutters up the design and isn't needed when an "&" would do

Gino

Premium Subscriber
About what ??

At a quick glance, it looks like you're making a sign for a 50's type diner which serves animal parts.

It's very dated looking.

You seem to be using terms which are also dated. What 's cut vinyl ??

I know you had some go-arounds in an earlier thread, but it really helps when you explain what you are doing rather than just spinning everyone's wheels unnecessarily and then coping an attitude when things don't go your way.

If this is another attempt at a logo creation, you missed the boat again.

.......and what's with the crinkly look ??

GoodPeopleFlags

If you're going for a retro look, then you got it. But if I was driving down the road and saw your sign, I wouldn't know what you do. I'd see Tiger Paw and that's it.

You're overestimating the intelligence of the majority of the public. You assume they know what printed and cut vinyl is but they don't.

While the retro style is good for some things, I would steer away from it for a sign shop. You want to give the impression that you're modern and keeping up with technology.

Are you a new business? If so, figure out your target market and your niche. Then design a logo.

Save this logo for a company who wants and needs a retro look.

OldPaint

i have an honest question here........."Going to be doing a lot of graphics for the High School their mascot is a tiger."
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....is this going to be the totality of your work? and most high school projects are freebies.
NOW........ it your just gona do high school work, the stick with your 1st attempt.
the 2nd one i go along with the "retro" and more drugstore like then a sign shop. you want 50's? here.

Attachments

• TPAW.jpg
    TPAW.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 196

OldPaint

sorta, but what i was making more of a point.......the 50's lettering style was a freehand script, and loose cap letters that could be made quickly and easily with a brush. the red letter with gray drop shadow.......was the big thing then. the guy who taught me, (1958-60)did a lot of his stuff this way. so i know what 50's retro is........

visual800

Never EVER run a line of copy from one side to the other. i can also tell you inlined your lettering at the top

Jillbeans

The colors are washed out.
Are you actually cutting vynull with an X-Acto knife?
That seems a bit weird to me.
In the name, as Bruce pointed out, it looks like you've made your outline from the inside out, thus truncating your font.
The tagline is just kind of hanging there apart from everything else.
I hate how the "y" descender is hanging over the border.
And adding a distressed filter to the design does not instantly make it look "retro".
You need to study fonts, learn better layout skills, and more about colors and contrast.
Love...Jill
PS
OP, the only good thing about yours is the tagline. Not the font, but the words, which are far more descriptive than what is originally depicted by the "OP".

Marlene

your company name is tiger paw. just because your first try didn't work, why throw out the idea and go with retro? I'm not a fan of always going with the literal, but it seems like it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. the paw doesn't have to be the whole paw, maybe just a claw coming into the frame of the layout or the claw slicing thru the background or something like that. when I see tiger paw and then see retro, it just looks conflicting. it's like seeing a company called "blue" written in red.

Jillbeans

Wow...I just googled "Tiger Paw Logo" holy cow.
Everyone must like that name and new ideas for it are few and far between.
I thought of either a heraldic tiger or a saber tooth tiger as an icon, but neither are very appealing.
I think I would just use text. Because it says Tiger right in it, maybe you don't have to have anything tiger-related.
I was thinking of an old product looking icon, like a tin can with cool label on it.
But I don't have time to doodle that one up.

Attachments

• tp.jpg
    tp.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 189

ucmj22

1. If you have a decent business, 5% of it will end up being from schools. Their budgets just arent that big. Will you still find the "Tiger Paw" relevant when that happens?

2. I get that you are going for retro, but it can be done without using colors that look like you messed up your color management on your printer. Dan Antonelli and Graphic D-Signs have made some very good retro logos peruse them here

3. Lose the exacto. it should have very little with what you do. Create an icon that is unique and recognizable so when people see it on a truck or a sign, they know who it is without having to read it. The knife is neither

MotorCityMan

retry on using paw and tiger colors

Attachments

• path8415-DD29.jpg
    path8415-DD29.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 173
  • path8415-DD2HH9.jpg
    path8415-DD2HH9.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 199
  • path8415-DD2HH9J.jpg
    path8415-DD2HH9J.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 213
  • g79aaa23.jpg
    g79aaa23.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 185
  • g7923lll.jpg
    g7923lll.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 248

Jillbeans

That's better, but it has some kerning issues.
I'd stack the text left justified and put the paw on the other side.
Make sure your background panel has the same slant as your text.

MotorCityMan

Looks better...but the tagline font is horrible.

Please learn how to use fonts properly.

Oh and you may want to consider thanking people when they spend time trying to help you, especially after throwing such a tantrum in your first thread.

I did and I will

To all that I offended in my first post I apologize for losing my temper. It will not happen again. I am truly sorry for my actions. Thank you to all who gave input, it is helping me do better.