• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Concept #2

Marlene

it's getting better. the color choices are good. the font for the name is OK. the font for the tagline really bad. just keep it simple as all the special effects are within the graphics. adding a font that has so much going on just clutters up the layout. try using a medium weight of the same font you used for the name.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It is better than your first few tries, but using the squint test, it reminds me a little of.............

Attachments

• lips.gif
    lips.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 117

SignManiac

Delete that tagline font from your computer for good. My eyes are nauseous from looking at it.

I think you can find a better font choice for the name. I think yours is overly bold and I'm not caring for the angle on some of the slanty parts.

Colors are working, so you're getting closer to something that will good.

MotorCityMan

it's getting better. the color choices are good. the font for the name is OK. the font for the tagline really bad. just keep it simple as all the special effects are within the graphics. adding a font that has so much going on just clutters up the layout. try using a medium weight of the same font you used for the name.

How about this?

Attachments

• g79aaa23ggMM.jpg
    g79aaa23ggMM.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 127

GoodPeopleFlags

I agree with Gino. When I saw the new one, my first thought was that it was a tongue sticking out. Don't try to be so literal with the tiger paw. As I mentioned before, if I drove by and saw that, I would see "Tiger Paw" but wouldn't know what you do. If I did see "printing", I would assume it was business cards, flyers, postcards, etc.; not signs.

Marlene

the dashes are computer generated so they fall low. place some in so they are centered to the letters. also, you might want to try it without the slant on the tagline.

PS, I'm glad to see that you posted a "sorry" message as it was hard to try post ideas after the first thread. we have had some members start off on the wrong foot and redeem themselves quickly like you did. welcome to the site

SignManiac

As it is, yours is making Tiger the dominate focal point with it being larger than paw and printing. Tiger Paw should be read as one word, name or thought and it doesn't tell potential viewer what you do right away.

I'd make Printing the the most important thing and your name secondary in importance. Get rid of all the outlines, shadows and unnecessary crap and focus on clean, crisp, and legible.

This font reads much better than yours. Also uppercase TIGER can look strange depending on the font you choose. The larger initial letter makes it read easier.

Attachments

• Tiger Paw.jpg
    Tiger Paw.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 106

GoodPeopleFlags

Dude, I have said twice that your name alone doesn't tell people what you do. Then you add "printing" which doesn't convey signs at all. Then you completely take out any reference to what you do. And you still have a paw that looks like a tongue. I give up. Good luck.
:cool:

ucmj22

... Does it really neeeeeeed a paw????

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 12.54.06 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 12.54.06 PM.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 127

MotorCityMan

drew a company mascot idea

Attachments

• text5197-1-4-9-8-2-1-1-5-1-2-2-1-8-9-7-5-3-2-3-1.jpg
    text5197-1-4-9-8-2-1-1-5-1-2-2-1-8-9-7-5-3-2-3-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 104
  • g46dfg46.jpg
    g46dfg46.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 104

Marlene

no to the last idea as far as I'm concerned as it looks like a high school/college sports team. there was a post with a mouse and Bill suggested
actually a mouse morphing into a tiger paw would be pretty cool
which might be something to try as it would be original looking and a way to work the company name into an image.

ucmj22

I appreciate your stick-to-it-iveness; however, I dont think you have the necessary skills as of this moment to brand a business (Even/especially your own). This Brand must represent you to potential clients, and if I didnt know you, I would think that you are a student council run sign shop that operates out of the cafetorium during study hall. Please reference this thread for a little honesty

There are members here who specialize in sign shop branding, Dan Antonelli & Graphic D-Signs right off the top of my head. Use their services, You will not be disappointed. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you WILL lose potential business if you design this yourself. Don't start off on the wrong foot.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
drew a company mascot idea

If you're going for a mascot, it's coming off a little too inexperienced when it comes to artistic ability. Mascot's are a unique skill set of illustration ... I would contact someone who does lots of mascots and animal illustrations (Joe Diaz here on the board can probably help) and see what they can do to help with something like this. The text is a little bland but that is fine. I would avoid drop shadows on your logo ... especially if you decide to put said logo on a vehicle or 2 sided sign ... shadow will not go the same direction as the vehicle from side to side. since you're basically dancing around the idea this entire time ... have you thought about a crest design? and lastly kerning is a very subtle thing ... I didn't notice it was off until you put a drop shadow on the enclosed logo's text.

Jackpine

Sorry Jill, I was still on page one before I saw your post.

How about claws on the tiger paw?

Last edited: