• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Concept #2

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd scratch the tiger itself look. Personally, I don't think you drew them, therefore.... you're probably committing copyright infringements.

The paw idea is so overused, so you probably won't stand out dedicating 20% of your area to a paw. From a distance, it will look like an ad for marijuana, Smokey the Bear forest fires or a tree cutting service.

Is there a reason you think you need a picture ??

Why not go for a clever play on geometric shapes, if words alone can't do it ??

MotorCityMan

I'd scratch the tiger itself look. Personally, I don't think you drew them, therefore.... you're probably committing copyright infringements.

That's a rude assumption, and yes I did draw them. Why do you feel the need to attack me personally?

Is there a reason you think you need a picture ??

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 100
  • g4685-D11.jpg
    g4685-D11.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 120
  • g470CCCCtrC5.jpg
    g470CCCCtrC5.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

ucmj22

That's a rude assumption, and yes I did draw them. Why do you feel the need to attack me personally?

For what it is worth, I think this is your best work yet, but I still dont know if it is powerful enough.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Sorry, forgot about this. Didn't mean to let you hanging MotorC.

I wasn't being rude, not at all. I meant it and was not attacking you. The 1,000 word picture, doesn't really prove a thing, either. I have no idea if you traced that from a prior conception, put two or three together and came up with your own or just felt like making a vector from a printed image, made one half and then laid it over and put a few cosmetic stripes and hairs in there for effect. I just really don't think you drew the lion head. Whether or not you copied, traced it or used some other mechanical draftsman means to create it, is another story. However, what you've posted thus far in your short stay here at s101, none of your drawings are consistent with each other in the least. You've managed to display a vast style of prints, which don't have any common basis. It looks more as if you've used your draftsman background to illustrate these, rather than your own eye to hand illustration.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but you don't appear to have an eye for this sort of thing and that's taken from your own admissions.

MotorCityMan

I'm afraid it looks too much like raw instead of paw

Attachments

• PAWED.jpg
    PAWED.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 109
  • g470CCCCtrpC5.jpg
    g470CCCCtrpC5.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 108

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Put a little more space to the right and left of the ampersand.
This second one is the best so far. You might want to keep the same ine copy the same color. It gels better.

Generally changing up colors, means a change in ideas or importance.

Kinda like:​

MotorCity
MAN

MotorCityMan

Put a little more space to the right and left of the ampersand.
This second one is the best so far. You might want to keep the same ine copy the same color. It gels better.

Generally changing up colors, means a change in ideas or importance.

Kinda like:​
MotorCity
MAN

like this?

Attachments

• text5197-1-4-9-8-2-1-1-5-1-2-2-1-8-9-7-5-3-000000000002-3-1.jpg
    text5197-1-4-9-8-2-1-1-5-1-2-2-1-8-9-7-5-3-000000000002-3-1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 117

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

You are right on that account ... now here is two forms of reference that will go with my next section of text.

The tiger. Tigers do not smile when they roar, when they do roar (and that is what everyone and myself will see when they see a tiger with its mouth open) the lips get dragged tight against the teeth and the ears will go back. when cats bite they do the same thing. now ... tigers do not have whisker dots. there are dot lines amongst the muzzle of the lips in rows. these rows will also be paralleled on each side of the face. Next, the "cheeks" do not come to 3 big hairy points ... maybe a lynx or bobcat will do that ... if it's wet ... tigers have rounded faces. now as for weight of line and emphasis of form ... a good book to read would be anything by Stan Lee. his books can get you to at least a BASIC understanding of form and how weight of line affects form.

now the eyes. it doesn't matter what happens ... highlights are similar placements on both eyes ... not schizophrenically placed as though the eyes are dead and milky ... check your light source always. ... your drawing has 4 light sources that don't connect.

Attachments

• tiger-roar.png
    tiger-roar.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Eyes2.jpg
    Eyes2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 105

MotorCityMan

Going with the last one posted, thanks everyone for your help and opinions, I really appreciate it.

I will check out those books by Stan Lee, I'm studying Mastering Layout by Mike Stevens right now but will get those next. Thanks