• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Logo Critique?

Hey Mike thanks for the reply. I am currently making some modifications to the logo and will be posting it again tonight. What are you thinking instead of white?

Do you use a color palette (3 to 4 colors and/or shades) in your current branding? If not, probably time to develop one.

The Adobe Capture app is great for creating/playing with palettes. If in doubt, look to nature for colors that work well together.

Crazy thought: What about J in red, B in green, and M in Blue, and GRAPHICS in white? Maybe too literal. Plus, you’d need to disconnect the letters. Maybe a different font?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKwrapguy

Do you use a color palette (3 to 4 colors and/or shades) in your current branding? If not, probably time to develop one.

The Adobe Capture app is great for creating/playing with palettes. If in doubt, look to nature for colors that work well together.

Crazy thought: What about J in red, B in green, and M in Blue, and GRAPHICS in white? Maybe too literal. Plus, you’d need to disconnect the letters. Maybe a different font?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be to much.... for me I enjoy the simple, one maybe two color logos.

ThatGriffGuy

I have made a few suggested changes to the logo. I have attached it with a few contrasting colors just for viewing. Final logo color has not been decided although I am always a fan of black and white. As always, suggestions and insults welcome.

Attachments

• Revised Logo.jpg
    Revised Logo.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 325

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Rest of the logo is fine... but that J still looks like a T.
Since it's the first letter, I think a little accent work is allowed.
But don't listen to me - I'm just a sales guy after all.

Both of these make it look more J-like, IMO.

Attachments

• JBM.jpg
    JBM.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 358

KMC

Graphic Artist
TBH: it the original looked like someone made up the logo in MS word, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! employ a trained graphic designer or at least look at what other design companies have come out with for their logo, no one wants to go to a 'pop' up sign shop with a crap logo as it shows you dont care about your marketing why would you care about your customers
[HASHTAG]#ComicSans4Life[/HASHTAG]! LOL

TimToad

I have made a few suggested changes to the logo. I have attached it with a few contrasting colors just for viewing. Final logo color has not been decided although I am always a fan of black and white. As always, suggestions and insults welcome.
I've struggled with the connection between the "J" and the "B" during the entire process.

I'm still not convinced that any of the iterations really help the legibility of the initials. It feels like they are being forced to occupy too straight of a line, when they actually could stand have a little bounce to them.

The spacing on the ligatures is also pretty tight as if all three letters are melted into each other. which I like but a little of that goes a long way.

The "J" simply has too exaggerated of a tail and the cross bar shouldn't run parallel to the top baseline to be consistent with the angled tops of the other letters. The B and M and their tops and bottoms are angled to reflect the overall angle, but the top cross bar on the J runs parallel to the baseline, which is creating a visual tension and diminishing that letter's clarity.

What font is that? Maybe I can illustrate what I mean.

I'd love to see the word "graphics" justified to the left or right instead of centered and a little more spacing between it and the initials.

JTBoh

JTBoh, no no no.
Were by no means finished products, only a few minutes spent to show where changes might be made to help accentuate the fact that the "J" is in fact a "J". Suggestions, since there weren't any on how to fix it, just those saying it was a problem. My two cents.

I like how Tim worded the same concern, using those fancy graphics art words.

shoresigns

Your JBM script is looking OK, but what have you done to "GRAPHICS"? It looks like you used a crappy free font and made it worse by squashing it down. Any other quality sans-serif font would be better than that turd. Delete it and never use it again.

Marlene

After looking at this again, I think going in the direction from post #31, AKwrapguy's idea, is the best way to go. The problem I see with the script like font is you have a swirly J and B and then it just ends with a plain old M. The three letters don't want to fit together and no amount of tweaking is going to change that. I went thru "wordmarkit" with my fonts to see if I could find a font where a JBM fit together and couldn't find anything that worked. If nothing more, maybe swap out the script for graphics and keep the JBM a simple font. I know a script "graphics" has been done to death but at least we all know that works. I would drop the idea of the script for JBM.

Here I want to give some tips:

1. Use a Visual Double Entendre
2. Color is Vitally Important
3. Avoid the Cliché
4. Make it Ownable
5. Everybody Loves Custom Type
6. Keep it Simple Stupid
7. Consider Proportion & Symmetry
8. Think About Negative Space
9. Passive vs. Active
10. Know What it Means

I don't have much idea about Logo designing but I just found these tips somewhere on the internet.

JTBoh

"No good deed goes unpunished"
We try to help the guy, then he completely disappears. Suicide? Murder? Retirement? Moved to a new field, far, far away from graphics? The world may never know.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
We try to help the guy, then he completely disappears. Suicide? Murder? Retirement? Moved to a new field, far, far away from graphics? The world may never know.

More devious than that...