• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A slight twist....................
printer logo.jpg

Actually, I like the old feel to your latest attempt, I'd just do something other than the brush. The printer was just a joke....... :rock-n-roll:

Illusion I love the new logo layout, what is that font you used for "Sign Shop" because that looks great! I'm not very good at logo design at this stage in the game myself and I have a lot too learn but if I were you I would feel pretty darn good about that latest logo :) Even if you continue to tweak or change it that one there looks great! But that's just my opinion :)

JR's

the letter style is RED Sable from LHF and the brushes is from Butler Gold Volume 3
David butler.com

I still like Post #23 Better. if you are going this route I would change the brush for a lettering brush and lower it under sign shop, just my thought.

JR

my bad I don't know what sign shop is.

Attachments

• red sable.jpg
    red sable.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 98

Williams Signs

JR the sign shop font is a modified version of Lakeside from Dave Correll off of letterhead fonts. Done my own tweaking. I love what you done with the Red Sable. I have taken the paint brush away from the top hadn't thought about putting it under Sign Shop will give it try...and post later.....

rjpjr

maybe show a brush stroke as a background panel for the Sign Shop text....

Attachments

• Williams-Sign-2.jpg
    Williams-Sign-2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 106

rjpjr

RJ I love that swash of color, where did you get that from?

JR

JR...
I work in Illustrator CS4.The shape is a brush pattern found in the Brush Palette and can be found under the OPEN BRUSH LIBRARY/VECTOR PACKS/GRUNGE BRUSHES VECTOR PACK. The color is just a cmyk gradient I created.

JR's

JR...
I work in Illustrator CS4.The shape is a brush pattern found in the Brush Palette and can be found under the OPEN BRUSH LIBRARY/VECTOR PACKS/GRUNGE BRUSHES VECTOR PACK. The color is just a cmyk gradient I created.

Cool.

RJ , I cant wait to see how Williams logo comes out.

JR

Tiki

Font Sage
Rough idea
Maybe try a Dark solid panel and having 2 brushes on the side with a Ornate design near the bottom

Attachments

• 1aaa.jpg
    1aaa.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 94

Flame

I know many like to bash work by newer sign makers and I know you all had fun bashing the paintbrush, but I don't think Deaton would like hearing these responses about his drawing.

Ooooo,we supposed to be scared?

So scared....lol. I could care less if it was the work of God, it didn't flow with the design. And FYI, I knew instantly it was a Deaton design ;)

So...with that said. LOSE THE BRUSHES. You....are....not....a...signpainter. You have a signshop. Sure. But unless the brush is really your selling point, it will do nothing for your business. You realize in this day and age a lot of people don't even know, that signs used to be all hand painted? They don't know...they don't care.

Your job in creating a logo is to convey a message. What does a brush convey....

Is it the right message for your business?

What IS your specialty/ selling point? Price, design, speed, availability, mobility, creativity...etc?

Pick what you are KNOWN for, and run with it. THEN, start designing a logo.

Flame

Flame, Williams is picking up his brushes. (#29)

That's lovely. :) Doesn't make him a signpainter.

You have any idea how hard it is to pull that stuff off? I have done enough of it to have the utmost respect for the sheer dedication combined with talent, that true signpainters possess. I've done a few things, even did a walljob earlier this year. But that's just scratching the surface, and I would never, ever consider myself a signpainter.

Just because he's getting some tips and learning to swing a brush a little, that's not making him a signpainter. Would be like buying an apron, and practicing with a few local doctors, then claiming to be a heart surgeon.

Unless he is dedicating his business to hand painted work (which would be a FOOL of a move in my opinion).....lose the brush. I'm not the first to say it and I'm sure not the last.

No offense, just like to call it as I see it :)