Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Design Contest Giveaway

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Dan Antonelli, May 25, 2010.

1. Dan Antonelli

Dan Antonelli Very Active Member

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    Here's your chance to get a free logo from me and the crew at Graphic D-Signs!

To commemorate our 15 years of design excellence, we’re giving away something thats made us famous - our logo design work. Whoever guesses closest to the actual number of logos we’ve designed as of June 15, 2010 will win one free logo design by us for their company. Simply go to our Facebook Fan Page, become a fan, and guess how may logos we’ve done in the last 15 years on the top wall post. 2nd place winner will win both copies of Dan Antonelli’s books, Logo Design for Small Business I & II.

The only clue I can give you is that it took a really long time to count 'em up!

We'll announce the winner on June 15th, 2010.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/graphicdsigns

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Would that include logo's that didn't make the final cut or only logo's that were purchased by clients?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    More than six.... I win... I win. Ya can't tell me that's a wrong answer.

Anyway.... how many stabs do we get at it ??

4. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Is it closest without going over, like on "The Price is Right"?

5. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    DAMMIT! You people are gonna drag me into FB aren't you?! I'm making a statement here!!!

6. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Can we also guess how many you designed on spec?

7. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Thats like trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop... is this finished logos or does this include concepts too?... Not that I'm entering, I do my pride to think about.

8. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Well personally I have twelve client logo's and 2,393 practice logos :)

9. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

I have a very well thought out guess, but I can't seem to figure out how to post the answer in Facebook??!!

10. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Cool . . . I appreciate that you will be announcing that I won on my Birthday :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  11. signgal

Dec 29, 2009
    Yikes! Give AAG my sympathy... I'm married to a Gemini :ROFLMAO:

12. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Now, Now . . . Go Easy !

13. signgal

Dec 29, 2009
    :thread

ok, y'all do have your redeeming qualities. I'll be nice now and give the thread back to Dan "the man"

14. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    what a bargain to win, His 1st book was great not read the 2nd which I like to wonders when you will put out a 3rd.

15. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    how many revisions will we get with the logo :ROFLMAO:

16. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG]Hey watch it! Us Geminis are doubly sensitive.

17. signgal

Dec 29, 2009
    aye, aye, aye... I'm surrounded... *face palms*

18. Dan Antonelli

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    You guys are too funny.

Guess the amount of FINISHED logos; not throwaways, or unused logos. These are the ones the client used.

And when we do the winners logo, its the same deal as with any client - 12 hours, unlimited revisions within those twelve hours

As for Book III, it's in development. Slightly different spin, as I'm straddling audiences a bit. It's for designers, yes, but it also will be a good read for anyone with a small business who wants to understand how effective branding can and should be integrated in their business to help them garner market share. I'd like to refresh some original content, and modernize it a bit, although conceptually the information is still fine. I'm not certain if SignCraft will be reprinting them - book publishing is a tough nut to crack these days.

Work in progress at this stage, outlining chapters, etc. NOt easy to do in the midst of doing everything else, but definitely a goal I have over the next year. I feel like I see so many small businesses repeating the same mistakes over and over, and I think I have some advice based on my experience that would help them.

Well, good luck guys. And SignGal, cmon, don't be afraid of FB. Its worth it for a chance to win! Then you cancel your account. :)

19. Dan Antonelli

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    Click the link, then on top you have to first 'like', then you can post on the thread.

20. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Now are these Logo's you totally designed not just fixed up? Like Isigns, he wouldn't listen to you about font? Would that one be counted?