• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Design Help

BrianKE

I am working on a new logo for a client and would like to get some feedback on what works and what doesn't with what I have so far. I do not usually do this but have tried to absorb as much as possible from this site and looking at other logos for inspiration.

The two ideas below are variations on what the client had in mind. The product is called "Steer Lock" and is basically "The Club" for golf carts. He definitely wants the steer head in the logo. I am also trying to go with a western themed font.

TIA for your help and suggestions.

steer lock.jpg

TheSellOut

Different font for sure, think of the size that this logo will be on these "clubs". Likely it will be small so I think you would want a font that is easily legible at a smaller size.

I really like where the second one is going, and maybe some other ideas would be the reverse of what you have, a steer head in the lock or a pad lock as the steers nose ring

BrianKE

Any suggestions as to the font? I would like to stay with something western but unfortunately don't have many 'western' theme fonts in my collection, maybe something that looks like a branding iron created the text.

stephenj148

Any suggestions as to the font? I would like to stay with something western but unfortunately don't have many 'western' theme fonts in my collection, maybe something that looks like a branding iron created the text.

Yeah, I feel like most western typefaces have a tacky look to them. Maybe if you were to dress up the logo with some western type things and incorporate the western font it will all work together.

Look up some old western signs and see if that will help give you any ideas for your logo. I often struggle with logo ideas myself so I may not be giving the best advice.

Circleville Signs

I think that you need to have a conversation with your client about who is target market is.

Golf carts are, for the most part, used by golfers. Take a look around at the types of branding you see being used in that market. None of it (at least that I am aware of - and I'm an avid golfer) looks "western".

The idea of the steer head is fine - but I would go for a much more modern look. You can still incorporate a rough "western" feel, but not make it look like a cattle brand. Maybe something like this?

Attachments

• SteerLock.jpg
    SteerLock.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 80

Malkin

If you gotta use a western, I would consider the new A&S Carolina, although for this project, I think Gary is on the right track...

Circleville Signs

One thing to keep in mind is that if this product is like "The Club", then it is a horizontally oriented object. The logo needs to also be horizontally oriented in order to maximize viewing on the object...

Circleville Signs

Anyone who grew up on or around a cattle farm, and is knowledgeable about how cattle are slaughtered knows why you shouldn't stick a keyhole on the steer's forehead....