• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Needs Improvement

CES020

The symbol in the 3rd is essentially a Masonic Emblem. Instead of the "G", you have an eye. I think it's too close and could cause confusion. I've also seen that symbol on many a church in the Bahamas.

Attachments

• mason.jpg
    mason.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 69

Locals Find!

The symbol in the 3rd is essentially a Masonic Emblem. Instead of the "G", you have an eye. I think it's too close and could cause confusion. I've also seen that symbol on many a church in the Bahamas.

Actually your right it is. What little information I could gather on the Illuminati that wasn't out there with the "I have been abducted by little green men" crowd. Was saying masonic symbols and the Illuminati kinda go hand in hand.

iSign

I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time with a thankless weasel like yer sorry self...
I'm back to counting the days till your lying, chit stirring, vibe sucking, eye soring, brain wrenching, peace thrashing, art puking ass is banned from here!! aloha!

Baz

I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time with a thankless weasel like yer sorry self...
I'm back to counting the days till your lying, chit stirring, vibe sucking, eye soring, brain wrenching, peace thrashing, art puking ass is banned from here!! aloha!

Tell us how you really feel Doug :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Addie…….

I get the impression your on Doug’s chit list.

Anyway, back to your dilemma here. The first one is just downright stealing and you as a professional should’ve known that as soon as you saw it. Having someone here have to tell you that is just getting old.
The second one looks like a common ‘Cigar’ store sign/logo. That’s why they accepted it.
The third and fourth ones look like Nazi Germany propaganda posters using the squint test.

You’re lucky he paid you anything. If anyone would’ve seen those two you posted up, they’d be running for the door. I don’t mean to be mean, but your countless efforts for this stuff is just a waste of your time. You don’t really learn very well and if you are…. it’s at a very~very slow pace.

Honestly, if you’re any kind of businessperson, you should realize when it’s time to quit and hire professionals. You’re stomped by the same problems in every one of your logo/designs schemes. Either you are stealing or your customer is stealing and no one knew it. How convenient is that ?? You keep playing your little reindeer games and you’re gonna get caught and there won’t be any virus, worm or someone else to blame, but yourself. Heck, you still haven’t changed a thing on your website and you were told about that… weeks ago. It’s riddled with stolen artwork. You piss the wrong person off here or at home and all they have to do is report you and you won’t have a chance to change your crap around. When they knock on your door…. you’re already caught.

So, why are you so insistent on this type of work ?? Not to be mean, but you haven’t shown anything remotely near selling quality. Even that stuff you offered up as good real estate work isn’t acceptable in any shop I know of. Just because you’re doing it is just proof that something just doesn’t add up.

:popcorn:

W

wetgravy

The reason why your designs were not chosen is when compared to the other designers work, yours had no weight of line, defining characteristics and no real interesting elements. I hate to say it, but google should be your friend when it comes to comparing your quality of designs to others. Google "cigar label" and you will notice that all the designs on the labels have details, refinement and clear imagery that doesn't look like a 5 minute hack job.

Locals Find!

Doug, what's wrong. I am currently working on the feedback you gave me on the design. I am not ready to post it up yet as its no where near finished.

Hey Addie…….

I get the impression your on Doug’s chit list.

Anyway, back to your dilemma here. The first one is just downright stealing and you as a professional should’ve known that as soon as you saw it. Having someone here have to tell you that is just getting old.
The second one looks like a common ‘Cigar’ store sign/logo. That’s why they accepted it.
The third and fourth ones look like Nazi Germany propaganda posters using the squint test.

You’re lucky he paid you anything. If anyone would’ve seen those two you posted up, they’d be running for the door. I don’t mean to be mean, but your countless efforts for this stuff is just a waste of your time. You don’t really learn very well and if you are…. it’s at a very~very slow pace.

Honestly, if you’re any kind of businessperson, you should realize when it’s time to quit and hire professionals. You’re stomped by the same problems in every one of your logo/designs schemes. Either you are stealing or your customer is stealing and no one knew it. How convenient is that ?? You keep playing your little reindeer games and you’re gonna get caught and there won’t be any virus, worm or someone else to blame, but yourself. Heck, you still haven’t changed a thing on your website and you were told about that… weeks ago. It’s riddled with stolen artwork. You piss the wrong person off here or at home and all they have to do is report you and you won’t have a chance to change your crap around. When they knock on your door…. you’re already caught.

So, why are you so insistent on this type of work ?? Not to be mean, but you haven’t shown anything remotely near selling quality. Even that stuff you offered up as good real estate work isn’t acceptable in any shop I know of. Just because you’re doing it is just proof that something just doesn’t add up.

:popcorn:

Gino Design 1 and 2 the Blue one's were not done by me in anyway. That is someone else's work entirely. My versions are the Red / Yellow ones. I didn't steal anything at all. So not sure where that is coming from. Now I don't know who the other guy is. My client came to me with those already done ready to go. I have been printing that first logo on his cards for about a year now. The second one came from the same guy. It isn't my work I didn't even think twice about printing it. He brought me a camera ready file for business cards. I just filled the order.

Now, my mockups were lacking. I knew that. I was trying to find out what I could do to improve them. Doug gave me some feedback and I have been playing with that in my spare time all day. Somehow I pissed Doug off and I am not even sure how. Since I have hardly been around today to piss him off.

Locals Find!

The reason why your designs were not chosen is when compared to the other designers work, yours had no weight of line, defining characteristics and no real interesting elements. I hate to say it, but google should be your friend when it comes to comparing your quality of designs to others. Google "cigar label" and you will notice that all the designs on the labels have details, refinement and clear imagery that doesn't look like a 5 minute hack job.

I actually did. He gave me a list of the elements he wanted. This company doesn't make cigars he is just a distributor / cigar store. He was very specific about not wanting a cigar label. I know my designs are lacking. That was clear to even me. If you look at the OP I pointed that out. I was trying to improve my skills.

GoodPeopleFlags

I thought your client already chose the design he wanted, which was not your's, and the whole thing was a done deal? But you're still working on it????

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Locals Find!

I thought your client already chose the design he wanted, which was not your's, and the whole thing was a done deal? But you're still working on it????

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes, I am still working on my mock ups to hopefully improve my skills. I don't expect to be able to sell it, but everyone needs something to learn with. I am using it as a learning experience and messing around with it. So maybe someday I can produce something better from the start. That is the Goal at least.

SlightlyChilled

I actually did. He gave me a list of the elements he wanted. This company doesn't make cigars he is just a distributor / cigar store. He was very specific about not wanting a cigar label. I know my designs are lacking. That was clear to even me. If you look at the OP I pointed that out. I was trying to improve my skills.

so let me get this right the blue ones are not yours the red ones are?

But they all look like cigar labels and that's a stretch. I get in they were mock-ups :rolleyes:

W

wetgravy

It doesn't need to be a cigar label. My point was to use that sort of design aesthetics as reference to how you should look at the quality of your work. If you really want help with design 101 concepts, perspective and basic drawing should be the first things to learn. I know there are a few really good perspective books out there that are worth looking at (as well as tons of tutorials online) that should help with elements such as pyramids. beginning drawing books out there are in mass. The ones you want to look for are ones with a strong emphasis on pen and ink drawing. Those books will teach you the basics to weight of line which in turn will help you with forcing emphasis on elements. Lastly, I always suggest looking into books that teach design fundamentals. If you really REALLY are interested in actually learning the craft you are trying to succeed in ... go to your local community college and take drawing 101, drawing 102, design 101, design 102, color theory, and maybe a painting class. it will help immensely and is rather affordable for only a couple days a week worth of serious help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie, I knew you didn't do the first two. That was quite obvious... even if you wouldn't have said so. However, whether you designed it or not.... you are fully responsible for reproducing stolen artwork on that first one.

There are certain things that cannot be reproduced, like money, checks and stolen or copyrighted material without proper authorization.

So again, here's yet another area you are doing your customers a disservice by not knowing the rules and how to play the game. You said you'd been doing this stuff for about 15 years. So, by now, you should know all this stuff.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what you're really up to.

I will thank you here and now for your service in the military and our country..... and I won't deny you anything for that, but in this business.... you can't fool people with as much foolish crap as you are handing out. Please, stop this nonsense.

You do know the definition of a mad person.... right ??

Fitch

Ok... I tend not to attack someone personally... but for f@ck$ sake STOP finding crappy free clipart and trying to make something out of them.

There are some real talented people out there that create basic vector - ready for you to "dress" up.

They save you a lot of time and definately a lot of credibility.

I have taken the time to give you this:

http://www.goldenstudios.com/americana/am_thumbnails1.html

Please respect my time and at least CONSIDER purchasing high quality files.

They are there to save you time, inspire, raise your standard, and most of all - generate a premium income for you work.

Oh... the personal attack side - your work is substandard for this industry if you wish to move forward in it successfully.

Cheers - G

SlightlyChilled

look I suck and I know that but getting better. I pay someone to do my stuff.

READ READ READ and when you are done READ MORE. If you are trying to learn Start a tread with that. "Like hay guys I was going over this in my head" and here it is and this is why I did it. Now you might get blasted but people might be more forgiving and when you get info use it. If you don't understand then ask why should I do that.... I have a test for you no joke they did this in school draw me a white circle and post it.