• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Needs Improvement

Locals Find!

Ok... I tend not to attack someone personally... but for f@ck$ sake STOP finding crappy free clipart and trying to make something out of them.

There are some real talented people out there that create basic vector - ready for you to "dress" up.

They save you a lot of time and definately a lot of credibility.

I have taken the time to give you this:

http://www.goldenstudios.com/americana/am_thumbnails1.html

Please respect my time and at least CONSIDER purchasing high quality files.

They are there to save you time, inspire, raise your standard, and most of all - generate a premium income for you work.

Oh... the personal attack side - your work is substandard for this industry if you wish to move forward in it successfully.

Cheers - G

That would be nice if I was still using Clip art. (I appreciate you suggesting it.) I haven't been. If I can't draw it I don't do it. I can refer someone out for work that needs something that I can't draw. No more clipart policy is in full force here. I didn't use clip art in either of my designs. I looked at pictures I drew from looking at different elements. The FIRST TWO blue logos aren't mine at all in the slightest.

Fitch

OK so you don't use crappy clip art.

You draw your own crappy clipart.

I still refer you to this:

THIS... is how it is done and done professionally.

Man, I am REALLY trying to help both you, and the industry as a whole.

Cheers - G

PS. Many would have jumped at that stuff with a "wow; graet stuff; his work is good; I can definately use that style; I can see this raising the bar on my designs"

But for some reason ... not you.

Someone once told me you can't educate idiots. Somehow I am now understanding that saying.

Locals Find!

OK so you don't use crappy clip art.

You draw your own crappy clipart.

I still refer you to this:

THIS... is how it is done and done professionally.

Man, I am REALLY trying to help both you, and the industry as a whole.

Cheers - G

PS. Many would have jumped at that stuff with a "wow; graet stuff; his work is good; I can definately use that style; I can see this raising the bar on my designs"

But for some reason ... not you.

Someone once told me you can't educate idiots. Somehow I am now understanding that saying.

I am clicking the link now. I didn't before I typed that response to you.

Edit: So any suggestions on how to season "Crow" it appears I am going to be eating some for dinner tonight. Your right that is good chit. I shouldn't have just dismissed it out of hand. I got some heat over using clip art in previous work on here and have been making a conscious effort to avoid using it at all. In this case I spoke way too soon. My apologies. (I really mean it).

Pat Whatley

Train of thought idea that I had and did just to say I did....

illuminati.jpg

iSign

see Pat.. tell him to F-off, and he'll be right here, right now... because that is clearly the fire he wants to fuel... help him.... and 13 hours later, it still falls on deaf ears as there will be some other drama he can find, start or perpetuate...

Pat Whatley

C'mon Doug...it's a new start, happy day. I'm trying to give Adholio the benefit of a doubt.

(and yes, I did bump my own post because of exactly what you're saying and I'll probably keep doing it until he let's us know this wasn't a real job anyway therefor worth every bit of the 15 minutes I invested in it. :Big Laugh )

iSign

my sun rose 6 hours later then yours.. so my gloom faded slower...

but yes... it is a new day!!

which is care bear-speak for sameschitt, different day!

Locals Find!

look I suck and I know that but getting better. I pay someone to do my stuff.

READ READ READ and when you are done READ MORE. If you are trying to learn Start a tread with that. "Like hay guys I was going over this in my head" and here it is and this is why I did it. Now you might get blasted but people might be more forgiving and when you get info use it. If you don't understand then ask why should I do that.... I have a test for you no joke they did this in school draw me a white circle and post it.

C'mon Doug...it's a new start, happy day. I'm trying to give Adholio the benefit of a doubt.

(and yes, I did bump my own post because of exactly what you're saying and I'll probably keep doing it until he let's us know this wasn't a real job anyway therefor worth every bit of the 15 minutes I invested in it. :Big Laugh )

Sorry, to disappoint you Pat. Today was a busy day for me. Trying to get a little work done.

Now on to your question. The job was exactly as I posted it originally. I was asked by an existing client if I could do anything to improve or replace his logo. I had his original (blue w/bird) his replacement (blue with armor), he gave me some of what he was looking for. I was told the budget would be a maximum of 4 hours time. I made 1 mock up the first one (with the Masonic symbols) he said he didn't much care for that one. I then made the second one (pyramid w/ the eye of horus). He seemed to like that one better. He showed it around to his clients & friends along with the original replacement (blue w/ armor) He then called me back said, he was going with his replacement one. Asked how much time I spent on those. I told him 2 hours. He agreed to pay me for 2 hours time because, I was working in the middle of the night for him.

I posted them up to try to improve my skills because, I thought my work was seriously lacking direction. The font used on the name is his he likes it. We usually don't display it above and below it usually sits by itself with the logo on the left.

I have been attempting to tweak it based on what Doug gave me and others as feedback. It right now looks worse than when I started. I haven't posted anything up yet, because I have nothing worth posting. I am going to take wet gravy's advice and look into some courses and books.

I have my GI Bill sitting around ready to be used and I have a few months left to activate it. So that is where we stand. I appreciate your throwing your ideas out there.

Ok, hope that clears it up. You got the whole story +.