Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for a 100$ bill

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by russellcustoms, Apr 17, 2007.

1. russellcustoms

russellcustoms New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Isnt there a cd or some site where I can buy a vectorized/ cuttable 100 dollar bill file? I have a motorcycle that I am painting them on. Thanks, Ryan

Tags:
  2. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    gee ....I'd like to make a few of them too...No I'm not serious big brother.

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
  4. Shovelhead

Dec 5, 2003
    How much detail are you looking for?

:signs101:

Attached Files:

5. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    why not scan a real one and then add a few minor filter effects to alter it just barely enough to not bother anyone. Besides if its on a bike I doubt most retailers would accept it as legal tender.

6. Shovelhead

Dec 5, 2003
    By the way....

I scanned into Photoshop..........it's probably the scan software, but I got
    an error message that scanning currency is a no-no....everything in Pshop
    locked up....I couldn't do anything to the scanned image.....but I duplicated
    the image and alter from there.....it was a Big Brotha moment.

7. animenick65

animenick65 Very Active Member

May 18, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Shovelhead, are you serious? I've never heard of that happening before!

8. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Ironically we were doing something for a cops daughter for school, it was a

vote for me thing, and we thought it would be cool to print money with her

picture on it . . . Scanner didn't think that was funny . . . [​IMG]

9. Shovelhead

Dec 5, 2003
    serious.....

everything I clicked on in Pshop gave me that boing sound until
    I right clicked and duplicated it.

Attached Files:

10. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Our HP printer will do the same thing. We scanned a bill, changed the picture and tried to print it. It will print about 1/4 of the bill and then a line reading http://www.ustreas.gov/ then stop completely.

You could just avoind the trouble of painting all together. There is a car in town here that has two stripes covered in $100's. The paint guy photocopied them, stuck them down by coating them in clear, then buried the whole thing in layers of green tinted clear.

11. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yup, I think since Version 7 P-shop has an automatic sensor program that can detect if you are trying to scan currency. I believe there is an optical watermark that scanners can detect and then it gives you a warning. Same thing holds true for recent color copiers etc.

AFAIK - scanning currency is pretty much a no-no, but I think you can do it as long as it is either enlarged at least 200% or reduced at least 50%. (Don't take my word for it, you might wanna' look that up.)

*Reminds me of a story my father told me when he worked in prepress for a web-printing plant that ran coupons for some of the local grocery stores. Apparantly, they shot a $1 bill on their litho camera at 100% size and printed it at size on a coupon which was distributed to 100,000+ homes. A few days later they were paid a visit by the F.B.I. because these printed reproductions would fool the dollar vending machines for cigarettes etc. F.B.I. was none too kind to the company as my father remembers. :rolleyes:

12. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Heres a $200.00 Bill, I don't recognize the face on the front . . . Probably just some JACKA$$ . . . [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I scan money all the time, and never had an issue with it. But then again it's never the size of the real thing

14. Shovelhead

Dec 5, 2003
    I like this idea..............

You could just avoid the trouble of painting all together. There is a car in town here that has two stripes covered in $100's. The paint guy photocopied them, stuck them down by coating them in clear, then buried the whole thing in layers of green tinted clear.[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

15. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Photoshop has a algorythm that prevents ou r from scanning currency. ITs part of the intrusions the government has asked for. You cannto scan real money. It was supposed to scan it but greatly reduce it but hat doesnt work.

16. learned the hard way

learned the hard way Active Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Don't scan it....lay one out smooth on a white sheet of paper and shoot a digital photo of it....from there you can work with it like you want.

17. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
  18. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    That's freakin insane!! I've never heard of those issues. Wow, I stil can't wrap my mind mind around that. Now if printers could detect **** poor layouts and direct the user to Signs 101!

19. russellcustoms

Jul 4, 2006
    Thanks for the replys fellas. I am trying to manually trace some pics in corel. And when I tried to copy the bills on my light table, you can see through both sides too well. But I am working on it... :thankyou:

20. russellcustoms

Jul 4, 2006
    [/quote]

You dont happen to have the pic of the other side of the bill do you?