• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking For A CNC Router

Ditchmiester

Looking for a used CNC router with a vacuum Table and some sort of "Vision" system for picking up registration mark off of printed material. Any suggestions? 4x8 bed would be perfect.

Ditchmiester

Realistically I would like to be in the 20k to 30k range but I don't know if there is anything out there that will be in that range for what i'm looking for.

Techman

Yes, there are dozens of them around for that amount.
Especially low usage brand name systems.
Multicam is one..

AzGene

I've got a Vision router I bought new 3 years ago that has been trouble free. Mine has a 2x4 table but it also doubles as an engraver. They do make a 4x8 but can't speak to the quality of that one. Can say their support is great. As to buying used it's not something I would do for that kind of money. And unless you have the cash in your wallet I think financing would be a problem for used as well.

Techman

As to buying used it's not something I would do for that kind of money.
For you ,, that is a good decision..

For many others it is a perfect idea. ,,,

Why not used? I purchase nearly every thing used. I just got a 7 grand selmer super 80 tenor sax for half price.. it was listed as used but is actually pristine as brand new.
Same for all other machines around.. There are good machines all over the country. Our local multicam dealer just sold a 1000 series with a new spindle and upgraded drivers for 5,000.

Today I looked at a 6x14 machine that is listed for 80 grand that was first setup for doing one piece counter tops in corian and stone.. In fact there are 3 sitting there. All of them are in fine condition.

AzGene

Good for you Techman, can see your point. Got my wife used (second marriage for her) and she's worked well for over 25 years now. A bit costly at times but no complaints......
Now that's about as relevent as your sax....

Techman

It's relevant when one discovers that setting up a professional level sax costs several hundred bux and is much more sensitive than a cnc router. And it is relevant when used as an example and knowing that getting a virtually unused cnc router for half price is just as possible..

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm with Tech.
As the saying goes:
"Second hand sax is better than no sax at all."

fixtureman

I have a Shopbot set up that way and it was less than $12000 new. You could look on the shopbot forum and they have some nice used units.

Ditchmiester

fixtureman,

I went to shopbots website the only thing I couldn't find is some sort of vision system to read registration marks. Does yours have a registration reading system?

10sacer

I am in the same boat, but looking for a wide format designed router with iCut - not some goofy handheld panel. Best I can find is in the $40K range.

Ditchmiester

10 Sacer,

Yeah thats where i'm at. I looked at the summa they have a new router bit for theirs but they wanted 85k for it. I new it was going to be expensive but would have never guessed that much. are you looking for a 4x8?

I just bought out the inventory of a large sign shop that went bankrupt & all assets were seized by the bank. I have 2 semis of equipment & supplies enroute which should arrive at my warehouse in a week.

there are 2 routers in there that are reported to be on working condition one is a 52" x 52" & the other is a 5' x 10' & also has a lathe.

there are also 2 routers which I have been informed are not currently operational (but I have serviced, assembled,rebuilt,& built many of my own cnc routers for myself & others...so as time allows they will also be available once we thoroughly go through them & I can stand behind them with confidence...unless someone who has built their own & knows the ins & outs & would prefer to do the work themselves I would not be opposed to that as long as the party understands they are purchasing a non working machine & no support or training will be included with the purchase...as always I am willing to train,setup, build, repair at our shop rate but I just want to be 100% upfront that no service,support or training will be included in the purchase price should you choose to buy a non operating machine from me. I will ALWAYS help anyone with a problematic machine or training issues, etc bought from me or anyone else at a mutually agreed upon fee.

there is also 287 10' rolls of banner material & anything & everything else you could think of that a modern(3yr old) sign company with 40+ employees would have acquired...and it is all going to be sold.

as soon as the trucks arrive, inventory & photos are taken & all equipment has been examined & tested so that I can properly & accurately describe it I will start selling it immediately.

if you are looking for something specific please email or pm me...anyone who knows me well knows I can't keep upwith my phone calls & I sincerely apologize for that...so for all our sanity please email or pm first. thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
It's relevant when one discovers that setting up a professional level sax costs several hundred bux and is much more sensitive than a cnc router. And it is relevant when used as an example and knowing that getting a virtually unused cnc router for half price is just as possible..

Bought a used selmar decent to fair condition. Cost me $250 to get it into correct playing condition. Best sax I've ever had.