• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking For A CNC Router

Brad Knight

I have all that on my router - I have a laser that I use to register my machine with, as a matter of fact, my table is only 4'x4', but I pulled off a 14' football field and a 6' basketball court for a bar counter top that just went into a new sportsbar.

They're about to be releasing their 'Stinger III' (I've got the II) - I believe that it comes pretty much ready to cut, with PC, controllers, whole 9 yards - less bits & something to cut for somewhere in the neighborhood of $16 grand.

It's Camaster dot com...

econolinesigns

AXYZ.com - we have had ours for about 12 years, no problems other than normal wear items. Great support, we have never had to have a tech come to our shop, they always just walk us through things over the phone even though our warranty expired years ago.

Ditchmiester

I do like the AXYZ routers but they are definitely closer to the 50k range. I talked to them about maybe finding a used one and adding their vision system to it but he said unless you can find one that is a year or two old it won't make a difference because it will cost to much to upgrade the controller of the used one to work with the vision system. I will definitely keep my quote for the AXYZ in case something changes and I can pull the trigger on their machine.

eforer

Buy an AXYZ. I bought a multicam used from Multicam East for a not insignificant 5 digit number and they left us to the wolves with the machine. It was whooped mechanically (needed new racks, rails, lead screws), the main board was fried so I converted it to mach 3 using an ethernet smooth stepper and a C32 board, spoil board was glued on and machined down to nothing (took one of our guys two days to get it chipped off and replace it with a fresh piece of mdf). Either buy a new one or plan on spending more than 30k. Even if you do, you might end up in the same boat as us. That said, it runs like a top now and i do really like mach 3. It runs 2 shifts a day.

CES020

One unique thing about routers that I think many people overlook is that one job can pay for a router. There's a lot of non sign related router work that's really high paying work. We don't have a high end machine but we've had more than one job that's paid for the entire machine.

Knowing that up front might change the way you look at the purchase. Knowing what I know now, I'd never consider a low end machine to get started. You'll make a ton more money with a faster, higher quality machine and it won't take but a couple good jobs to make up the difference between the low end and the levels above it.