• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question looking for advice for a first time digital printer purchase

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's almost twice the price, they want 16K CDN for the HP115 bundle this month, plus inks and feed roller another $2500.

Regarding the outsourcing, when you're in an isolated community it changes the equation. If you're in a large city with a good working relationship with a reliable shop, it's a different matter.

I just use Signs365. I guess your in Canada and maybe they don't ship there. I was looking at the 110s (around 7k) and the 115s (around $10,300 bundle w/ plotter from USCutter) I usually see 10+ year old Rolands for sale for $6-$8k...just seems high to me.

ikarasu

It's almost twice the price, they want 16K CDN for the HP115 bundle this month, plus inks and feed roller another $2500.

Regarding the outsourcing, when you're in an isolated community it changes the equation. If you're in a large city with a good working relationship with a reliable shop, it's a different matter.
It was $13,000 in March. Pretty much every month it's on special... Just wait a few weeks and it'll go down to 13 again. 8 inks at $100 an ink is $800... And the feed roller is $1000 last I checked . So 14.8k if you wait.

ikarasu

The Roland's have built in cutters. Do the Latex mentioned?

The latex bundles have a cutter. Its not built.in... but it fits behind / in the machine in a way so it doesn't take up much space .

I never understood the print/cut in one machines... 99% of what I do gets laminated. I'd rather they be seperate!

Sign Works

I get so confused why OLD Sp300s or 540s are just a few thousand cheaper then a brand new 54 latex.

Roland SP's are rock solid printers that last and continue to perform well, that is why they hold some value. My SP-300V operates the same as day one 12 years ago, show me a 12 year old HP that's still functioning.

Emd2kick

Roland SP's are rock solid printers that last and continue to perform well, that is why they hold some value. My SP-300V operates the same as day one 12 years ago, show me a 12 year old HP that's still functioning.
I have a vg640 and and hp365...yes the Roland’s last forever and are built like tanks. But it’s dated technology, smell like shit, slow as f***. I’d take my latex (which is almost half the price), over a Roland any day.

Emd2kick

It actually at one time was shown with brackets to link the machines for a space saving mode. I haven't seen those images in ads in a while though.
Because it doesn’t exist anymore. It’s a printer and separate summa cutter (branded as an hp cutter).

ikarasu

Looking it up, looks like I was wrong. I know when it was first coming out, they showed them fitting together and touted them as using the same space as rolands printer because of it... I guess they changed that!

HighlandSigns

Looking it up, looks like I was wrong. I know when it was first coming out, they showed them fitting together and touted them as using the same space as rolands printer because of it... I guess they changed that!

No you’re right, they still show them set that way. I guess if you were really tight for space you might want to do it that way. Ties up the other machine though, and I suppose you would have to have them set up so you could walk around to access either side

HighlandSigns

It was $13,000 in March. Pretty much every month it's on special... Just wait a few weeks and it'll go down to 13 again. 8 inks at $100 an ink is $800... And the feed roller is $1000 last I checked . So 14.8k if you wait.

Now $16,000, 8x$115 for ink, $1500 feed roller, $500 freight, Plotter training and installation $1000. Adds up to 20k

Emd2kick

No you’re right, they still show them set that way. I guess if you were really tight for space you might want to do it that way. Ties up the other machine though, and I suppose you would have to have them set up so you could walk around to access either side
Please show me examples, as everything I see is all separate. I can put my Colex behind my Anapurna but it doesn’t make it a flatbed print and cut lol

ikarasu

Now $16,000, 8x$115 for ink, $1500 feed roller, $500 freight, Plotter training and installation $1000. Adds up to 20k
I got free training and free freight. Anything over 1k is free freight here... Might be more if you have no local grimco/ndgraphics.

You can setup the 115 and the cutter yourself. Takes half a day... I setup my own cutter because I wanted it downstairs, it's as easy as screwing a couple bolts in. The printer is a little trickier, but it's a home printer and self installable... You need a second person to help you, but it's also doable... So if they won't do free install, just do it yourself and save a grand.

How far away is grimco? Rent a U-Haul and drive and pick it up yourself, probably.cbeaper than spending $500

Emd2kick

I got free training and free freight. Anything over 1k is free freight here... Might be more if you have no local grimco/ndgraphics.

You can setup the 115 and the cutter yourself. Takes half a day... I setup my own cutter because I wanted it downstairs, it's as easy as screwing a couple bolts in. The printer is a little trickier, but it's a home printer and self installable... You need a second person to help you, but it's also doable... So if they won't do free install, just do it yourself and save a grand.

How far away is grimco? Rent a U-Haul and drive and pick it up yourself, probably.cbeaper than spending $500
Ikarasu, you put this in your basement? What about the boss that took out a second mortgage to give you a .05 raise?

ikarasu

Ikarasu, you put this in your basement? What about the boss that took out a second mortgage to give you a .05 raise?
If my boss gave me a .05 raise I'd probably quit.

Yes, I put a graphtec in the basement - printer/laminator in my workshop. My boss loves it, as they outsource a lot of stuff to me for cheaper than they could elsewhere, and gives them more options for printing on material our ecosolvent/UV can't. Win win for everyone .

ikarasu

I was referring to the ridiculous thread you wrote about your boss / employees. You mentioned your undieing devotion to him, and I’m sure you put it in your basement just to support him....
You’re a clown, and not a haha one.
I print for them at ink cost + a few cents wear and tear. I'm sure to you that makes me a clown. I am devoted to them, and want them to succeed. They take care of me, so when I'm able to, I take care of them. But no - I bought one because I wanted to play with latex. I was able to because they care and pay me a fare wage.

Not sure who pissed in your corn flakes this morning, seems your a little butt hurt your employees (if you have any?) Don't feel the same way about you as our employees do our owner. Keep handing out the .05 raises, you'll eventually get there!

Emd2kick

I print for them at ink cost + a few cents wear and tear. I'm sure to you that makes me a clown. I am devoted to them, and want them to succeed. They take care of me, so when I'm able to, I take care of them. But no - I bought one because I wanted to play with latex. I was able to because they care and pay me a fare wage.

Not sure who pissed in your corn flakes this morning, seems your a little butt hurt your employees (if you have any?) Don't feel the same way about you as our employees do our owner. Keep handing out the .05 raises, you'll eventually get there!
I’d love to respond, but can’t. I got flagged on my previous post. Sorry Ikarasu, would have loved to continue this. Maybe you and I can start a Meme log and go back and forth....as mods have no problem with that.

ikarasu

I'm going to presume it's because we went off topic... But I didn't get flagged, so who knows.

Anyways, to get back on topic... Here's the latest picture of them being "joined".

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn when they first announced it it tucked under the machine... Not just sat back to back like this. I agree that this is pointless, I mean... If your completely out of space, sure you can temp save space and only pull the cutter out when you need it... But thatd get pretty tiring after awhile.

Attachments

• 315_pnc_latex-100.jpg
    315_pnc_latex-100.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 259