• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for real world experienced opinions of quality laminator

Bly

I buy stuff from Ali all the time.

Not the same as spending $1,000,000 on a bunch of machines.

Did I say it was?

If you were spending that kind of money don't you think a little more due diligence would be in order than checking out some comments from a few forum dufuses ?

player

Did I say it was?

If you were spending that kind of money don't you think a little more due diligence would be in order than checking out some comments from a few forum dufuses ?

wAT?

We are talking about buying machines and one guy is talking about importing and reselling...

Christian @ 2CT Media

wAT?

We are talking about buying machines and one guy is talking about importing and reselling...

No I'm talking about distributing. I would be becoming an agent of these manufacturers here, with no money out of pocket until the equipment is sold. Thats why I'm laughing when everyone is freaking out about being screwed. Why spend your own money when they are willing to front everything and supply you with everything you need?

rjssigns

No I'm talking about distributing. I would be becoming an agent of these manufacturers here, with no money out of pocket until the equipment is sold. Thats why I'm laughing when everyone is freaking out about being screwed. Why spend your own money when they are willing to front everything and supply you with everything you need?

Interesting.

I'd like to know how this turns out.

truckgraphics

Use an Engine Hoist

They are HEAVY. I would recommend 4 people to put it on the stand. Me and one guy did it, but I don't know how. We're lucky we didn't blow out our backs or something.

I recommend renting an engine hoist (10 or 20 bucks) to set up a laminator. Works a treat and saves your back ! Also, it becomes a one man job.

spectrum maine

we have a royal soverign. from the get-go could not get it to run without wrinkles.
we started using a coroplast sled & now it works flawlessly. i am sure it is just an adjustment or something, but why mess with success. if your laminator wrinkles a lot of prints, try a sled.

player

we have a royal soverign. from the get-go could not get it to run without wrinkles.
we started using a coroplast sled & now it works flawlessly. i am sure it is just an adjustment or something, but why mess with success. if your laminator wrinkles a lot of prints, try a sled.

You probably don't have enough pressure. If you adjust the top roller down it would fix it.

I took some very thin brass shim stock metal sheet. I cut a strip about 14" x 2". I attached it with a clamp (how eer it works for you) to a Walmart fish scale.

I put the copper in the rollers and turn it on. This will give you a pull reading on the scale. I move it to the middle, then the other side. You can get an idea of the pressure, and if it is even when adjusting...

Nuagedesigns

Keep us updated on how you make out getting these over here. I would be in the market to get my hands on one. Just like any piece of equipment attention to proper set-up and preventitive maintenace is key.

In my life before sign making I was a tool and die maker for 10 years and saw the influx in China equipment and materials. Just as we here in the states have good companies and bad companies China is the same. And don't be fooled Im nat saying this product is the case but you would be very surprised to know how many American companies have their hands in Chinese companies. Many of my friends have traveled to china for American companies, Set-up and trained these Chinese companies to make and manufacture parts, and machines for the American companies to then sell here in the USA and across the world. Sometimes you will get a lesser product but most of the time it is simply cheper labor rates that forces these companies to go over seas. When a burger flipper demands $15/hr this it was happens. Not to mention the ridiculous taxes that some states have on business. We as a whole have created this problem by everyone demanding more money for unskilled jobs and expecting to work less for more money. I am scared to see what the future will be like for my daughter in 25 years. Carry on.

dypinc

The machine arrived and since we are only 45 minutes away from the port and have a fork lift we picked the machine up ourselves.

It's their first one delivered to the united states.

Dealing with China was scary because we had to pay in advance and we never saw the machine in person.
We just took their word that they had the best laminator.

Other than it took longer to get here than they originally promised everything went fine.
The saleswoman spoke English and responded right away with our inquiries.
The machine was ready to use right out of the box.
It is weighs 2000 lbs and is very rugged.The glass top is 3/8" thick the gantry is 3/8" steel the table is also one piece welded steel.
We have done several jobs with it already.4x8 thin laminates come out perfect just like they promised.

The rolls roller salesman was over to look at it and his jaw dropped when he saw it and found out that it's 1/4 the price of their machine.

This machine is not for everyone though.
You have to have a shop that you can get a 5x10 table through the door and you have to understand that time is money.

We expect this machine to pay for itself very quickly

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It doesn't appear to be able to web vinyl or over-laminate or have take up reals for release liner so I am trying to to think of what special application you would use this for other that to laminate substrates together.

Z SIGNS

It doesn't appear to be able to web vinyl or over-laminate or have take up reals for release liner so I am trying to to think of what special application you would use this for other that to laminate substrates together.
That's because it's a flatbed laminator not a roll to roll.
You would have to know the difference to understand.

dypinc

That's because it's a flatbed laminator not a roll to roll.
You would have to know the difference to understand.

I have watched videos of applying vinyl with a flatbed laminator and it is the same technique we already use with roll to roll laminators, but we have all kinds of take off and take on options including long continuous rolls to substrates. Not to mention roll to roll laminating first if need be or do over-lam to film to substrate all at the same time.

Seems to be somewhat practical for just one sign at a time but I am wondering if there must not be some other uses where it excels that I can't think of. The light table would be quite handy.

spectrum maine

You probably don't have enough pressure. If you adjust the top roller down it would fix it.

I took some very thin brass shim stock metal sheet. I cut a strip about 14" x 2". I attached it with a clamp (how eer it works for you) to a Walmart fish scale.

I put the copper in the rollers and turn it on. This will give you a pull reading on the scale. I move it to the middle, then the other side. You can get an idea of the pressure, and if it is even when adjusting...

i figured it would involve something similar- funny thing the tech spent 1.5 hrs dialing it in. just havent had time to do it. thanks for the help.

reQ

I am still waiting for the response from the guy who said chinese people will finance everything and send him few tables to sell here in north america. How is it going? how many tables do you have in stock? I am ready to buy one like i said few months back.

truckgraphics

Engine Hoist

They are HEAVY. I would recommend 4 people to put it on the stand. Me and one guy did it, but I don't know how. We're lucky we didn't blow out our backs or something.

Pro Tip: Rent an engine hoist to set it up. Use nylon straps, available at Harbor Freight or the rental center, to secure the machine. Makes for an easy one or two person job. No stress or strain.

Dr. Kirill

GBC inspire III 64 ct

i had royal sovereign 64 with heat assistance few fuses was blowing on Me 3 times in year i had it and service put wrong parts on one of orders also ergonomics were pretty poor very hard to load big roll by yourself
switched to GBC inspire III 64 ct had it since November "Happy like pig in excrement's "