• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost my job, what next?

mark in tx

Time for a vacation!

At least that's the way I would think about it, take a few days to rest, get the old job out of your system, and re-focus yourself into being happy about what you do.

Good luck!

Craig Sjoquist

You must be dancing in the street by now, your talents and know how, you get a small vacation and a better job after. ... good luck for the heck of it your FREE to do what ya want again.

Marlene

really sorry to hear you lost your job. it is their loss! whatever you end up doing, please stick around here with your signs101 family.

SignManiac

You'll do fine. This is what makes life fun. Just think of this as a new adventure. Jobs are a dime a dozen when you're good at what you do.

Jillbeans

Sorry to hear this Rodi but (at the risk of sounding like a cereal commercial)
Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
I hope you can collect unemployment, too.
And good like with Mike.
Love.....Jill

OldPaint

rodi wont get unemployment ..........his political sway wont allow it!!!!hahahahahahahaha
i got fired.........for the 1st time in my life in 1986. that was the last "JOB" i ever had. decided to paint signs, and ive never worried bout work. TILL NOW........ but iam gona be a POTTER in this part of my life))))))))))

Colin

I'll be the fourth person on this thread to say that getting laid-off was the best thing that ever happened to me. That was 18 years ago, and I've never looked back.

And as others have said, when one door closes, another usually opens. It's just that in-between time that can feel a little unsettled.

Last edited:

Rodi

OP, last time this happened I got two checks from the state. This may be the only way I can actually get some of the money I have put into social security :) Hopefully it will be very soon.

OldPaint

RODI.......FICA monies(irs &ss) taken from your paycheck...........DONT GO TO UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE!!!!!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
This may be the only way I can actually get some of the money I have put into social security :)

entitlement....

it is the problem with today, everyone is entitled to everything, leaving more on the entitlement side that the actual providing side.

not that your not entitled..... just sayin....

Rodi

Please note to one and all, when I die, don't have OP or Darlak give my eulogy, either in person or here in person.

Marlene

Please note to one and all, when I die, don't have OP or Darlak give my eulogy, either in person or here in person.

I will make sure that doesn't happen Rodi! geez guys, the guy lost his job. do you ever back off?

skyhigh

Good Luck my friend. I truely believe things happen for the best.

Tell us more about Ms. Boss Witch.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.... I'd rather someone I know that's deserving get the checks than all the loonies that are out there getting them purposely beating up the system.............

Go for it Rodi :thumb:

:unclesam:

fmg

I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you Rodi as I am in CT as well not too far and if anything come up I will let you know.