• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost my job, what next?

RJ California

Sorry to hear about the job loss. I always thought you were self-employed. You have lots of opportunities now, including being your own boss --- or running for congress.

Your employer has been paying into unemployment insurance for you with your every paycheck. Are some here actually suggesting that somehow your employer did not have to pay UI for you since you are a conservative? It's insurance that was paid for you by your employer and you are just as entitled to use it as anyone else.

In this economy unemployment benefits are no longer properly funded because of the numerous extensions voted by congress -- not because your employer did not pay what was required.

Good luck -- I hope you stick around S101 where ever you go.:thumb:

brian oliver

head cheese
Rodi,

I have a suggestion for employment if you're open to it.

If your old employer will be in dire straits as a result of losing you and your experience with their equipment, present the owner with a proposal to hire you as a consultant (or independent contractor) to either operate the equipment or teach the new hire how to operate it.

Do you think that would work? At least you won't be without a revenue stream.

Good luck.

Rodi

Thanks everyone, even OP and Darlak, I welcome the challenge!!!

I told you guys here before I told my twin sister.

I won't leave Signs 101, as a matter of fact, I have been inspired by many here, and I admire the small business mentality that is here, it is a mental life line in a sense :).

Brian, that may be something about 3-6 months down the road, but seems not quite on track for me, I'm headed to greener pastures!

Tony Teveris

Connecticut does not have any unemployment dollars, we borrow from the Feds – I think we just did this a little while ago to the tune of $500M – oh the humanity.

Rodi good luck in finding something – if you do not find something by late spring I’ll have you working on the farm in South Glastonbury

ionsigns

Freedom to find a better job! I always say...there is no substitute for a nest egg for catastrophes in these tough economic times.

Rodi

Connecticut does not have any unemployment dollars, we borrow from the Feds – I think we just did this a little while ago to the tune of $500M – oh the humanity.

Rodi good luck in finding something – if you do not find something by late spring I’ll have you working on the farm in South Glastonbury
Might take ya up on that offer Tony! I've never shied away from work.

Rodi

UPDATE,

Got a job, start Monday, am looking forward to working, two week vacation, I get one of those a decade! :)

Super Special thanks to Mike at Merritt for thinking of me so quickly, I greatly appreciate it.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
UPDATE,

Got a job, start Monday, am looking forward to working, two week vacation, I get one of those a decade! :)

Super Special thanks to Mike at Merritt for thinking of me so quickly, I greatly appreciate it.

Thats great to hear...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Halle-frickin'lujah ..................

See, it just shows that you can't keep a good person down, if he/she has a positive attitude. :thumb: :thumb: