• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magnetic sign from signwarehouse

ratmotorsports

i recently purchased a set of magnetic sign blanks from signwarehouse. i put it on my personal truck and when i washed my truck about 2 weeks later.i notice that when i pulled them off it ate my clearcoat off . any reason why it done this and is there a soution. id hate to sell one to a customer and it eat their paint off. then id lose my butt having to paint a car for a $50 dollor magnetic sign. thanks for any input

Neon RTG

We always tell our customers to wax the area on the vehicle, where the mags are going - As well as the back side of the magnet. Plus we have a Magnetic care sheet that we make the customer sign that they received it. As for the reason behind what happened to you... I would say to call sign warehouse, although, more than likely they will not take any blame. Good Luck & keep us all posted.

imaSIGNr

Maybe not a factory paint job on truck or you cleaned the truck door with a harsh solvent before it had time to dry and attached the mag before it had time to dry and trapped the solvent underneath and it dissolved your clear coat.......or both.

high impact

This is not the first thread about this - search this forum, you will be enlightened.

I found out the difficult way as well, I always use care instructions and a disclaimer...

Although for some reason I've never had a problem using MAGNUM. :Sleeping:

Raulrdz

It's the Enduracrap brand they sell, always use Magnum or MSI is your rep riding on your product.

ratmotorsports

thanks guys . i did clean it with regular rubbing alcohol and let it dry before applying.ill use fellers or another sign supply company for sure. ive dealt with signwarehouse since i bought my cutter and am starting to get a bad taste for them.

jgolo

i recently purchased a set of magnetic sign blanks from signwarehouse. i put it on my personal truck and when i washed my truck about 2 weeks later.i notice that when i pulled them off it ate my clearcoat off . any reason why it done this and is there a soution. id hate to sell one to a customer and it eat their paint off. then id lose my butt having to paint a car for a $50 dollor magnetic sign. thanks for any input

I had that same problem with a set of the "endura mag" stuff. It bonded to my customers truck.

I contacted SignWarehouse and after several calls back and forth - they put me in touch with the people that make endura mag and long story short, I ended up getting a check to cover the $800 paint job on 2 doors.

Magnum from then on, no problems.

cOrKinSA

... Plus we have a Magnetic care sheet that we make the customer sign that they received it...
Did you create it or get it from somewhere. I want to create one but I don't want to forget some important info that I might need to add on it.

imaSIGNr

Did you create it or get it from somewhere. I want to create one but I don't want to forget some important info that I might need to add on it.
One comes in the box when you buy Magnum. I just photo copy them and send one along w/ custy

Cadmn

I got a copy of the Magnum one off the net I print it & violathe one in this thread should serve well

ratmotorsports

well i contacted signwarehouse and they are going to help me out. they are going to give me a 10% discount on my next purchase. boy thatll help with the paint job im gonna have to fix. i will no longer do any buisness with signwarehouse.i will be looking for another supplier. im looking a fellers but any other places to get stuff reasonable

cajun312

gosh what a great offer they made....I suggest you get a lawyer...plenty of evidence here and other forums that their house brand magnets are crap.

S

SignTech

gosh what a great offer they made....I suggest you get a lawyer...plenty of evidence here and other forums that their house brand magnets are crap.

Couldn't agree more with cajun312 ......... if you have a business lawyer you should at least apprise him of the situation. You may just east hundreds of dollars in repair costs to the customers vehicle. In addition your posts in this thread are now public documentation. Use caution.

S

SignTech

Sorry ... I see your original post that THIS WAS YOUR PERSONAL VEHICLE not a customers. That's a good thing is one sense but sucks for you.