• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magnetic sign from signwarehouse

trakers

We bought some of the SW mags when we first started our business. To be quite frank when I turned them over to clean them and saw "Taiwanese Material" I used them for our display only. They are probably fine, but I didn’t want to take a chance.

We went and bought a roll of the "fantastic" Magnum Magnetics only to find that we've had to throw quite a bit of it away as there are "bumps" almost looks like "sand" under the white vinyl covering. I think on this last roll we've had to throw away 7 or 8 pieces.

We also had some Magnum "delaminate" where the white vinyl covering came loose from the magnetic backing while they were laying in the shop overnight.

That said, we will continue to use Magnum since from what I can tell from the various forums it is the best magnet material.

Cadmn

my vote for magnum & If I could get in line to get "Paid" for my vote that would be great but I believe in their product & use it because I can trust it I also use their care sheet to copy for my customers as it explains how to keep them in good usable shape.

rgatliff

I have bought several items from signwarehouse and have had some success with them as long as I followed the instructions to the letter, I have sold several sets of the magnetic sign kits in question and have not had any complaints from them so far.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Sign Warehouse "house" brand of magnetic material is engraved "Taiwan" on the black backing. I don't know of any shop that is going to spend the time trying to contact or even deal with an overseas company to remedy the problem. The distributor (Sign Warehouse) is who should be making it right in this situation.

When a customer calls or stops by your shop because they have a problem with the material that you used (assuming this has happened), do you hand them the phone and tell them to call the manufacturer? In my opinion, you have become the distributor to the customer. It goes up the chain.

The customer contacts you, you remedy the situation.
You contact your supplies distributor; they remedy the situation for you.
If the distributor chooses to, they contact the manufacturer and the manufacturer remedies the situation for them.

The last time you purchased a car, and had a problem with it, did you call the manufacturer or just take it to the local dealer?

There is no way around the problem that Sign Warehouse sells junk "house" brand mag material. Millions of pages of lab testing or not, it is still inferior or better yet down right garbage.

Grab a cut off magnum mag material, and another cut off of the SW "house" brand, there is no comparison. The feel of the material, the amount of magnetism, there is so much of a difference.

Just because a company sells a "house" brand of product at a lesser price than a nationally known name brand manufacturer, doesn't mean that they should be able to get away with it if the product is junk.

There are many products that Walmart sells as their "house" brand, that I prefer much more than the leading nationally known name brand. I believe the quality is equal and the price is better. Just because something is cheaper doesn't mean that it has to be junk.
I really don't understand the "Sign Warehouse Sells Junk" thing. Fellers, Sign Supply, Tublite, I guess sell nothing but USA made and "works perfect" every time materials. Maybe you work for some other supplier, I think. I've gotten good stuff and bad stuff from every supplier in the US. To say one supplier sells nothing buy junk just shows your ignorance.