• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major Flaw In Daige Quickmount 4????

oc63rag

I've talked with a couple people with the Daige QM4's who basically use it with sheets of lam rather than the roll mount. They trim the lam to the print size, with an overlap all around, and then feed it through that way. This may just be a workaround but it seems to work for them.

PMG

Yes Daige sent me the new roll lock kits and a new belt that is smaller and the QM4 runs flawless now.

spectracolor

Yes Daige sent me the new roll lock kits and a new belt that is smaller and the QM4 runs flawless now.

yeah, i was going to say,all you need is a roll lock kit from daige and that should solve the problem. they send it to you for free upon request.

I was wondering why it wasn't just included in the box because it didn't look like expensive part...just a flat metal piece

and Yes, they work great for under 2000 dollars :)

B Snyder

For anyone that doesn't know what the "roll lock kit" is that PMG referred to here is a pic. This piece of metal keeps the shaft from popping out.

Works for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 130

graphixtogo

I have the 65" Daige and it seems that no matter what I try, I keep getting a line of bubbles down the middle of the media when trying to laminate wraps. If I do thicker stuff like mounting prints on foamcore, it doesn't seem to be an issue, but if I am trying to laminate vinyl only, I get bubbles. If I tighten the pressure any more, I get even more bubbles and if I loosen it, I get silvering.

Anybody else run into this? :banghead:

I also noticed that the lower roller on the laminator is bloated on the ends (about 1" in from each end). When I lower the top roller, the ends of the rollers touch 2-3mm before the middle touches. Is this normal?

B Snyder

I also noticed that the lower roller on the laminator is bloated on the ends (about 1" in from each end). When I lower the top roller, the ends of the rollers touch 2-3mm before the middle touches. Is this normal?

My bottom roller is wider in the center. The top roller is brought down so low and tight to the bottom roller that it doesn't seem to make a difference.

w2csa

I have a quickmount4 as well.
Had the same problem with reverse wound laminate.
After I finished a roll, I switched to a non-reversed roll and more problems with laminate not separating from backing.
I called NY, they were very helpful.
They sent me the lockdown kit and a new belt.
If you use primarily reverse wound material, the belt will stretch to accommodate the twist.
If you use the same belt for a regular wound roll, it will slip.
After receiving the kit and belt, all has worked fine...
Except when I laminated the lint free cloth, but thats another story

well i finally broke down and bought this machine, got it today. I'm surprised it didn't come with the lock down kit, i haven't got it setup yet but i will soon.

Kenny

Request the kit now...you'll need it on 30" rolls of laminate, or as the 54" rolls get low on the roll.

Biker Scout

After struggling with the 55" for many months, we gave up and it sat around for about a year. We used the "Sheeter" as our laminator of choice. We were kinda miffed that the manufacturer (Daige) told us after our initial struggle with the machine that it wasn't really a "Laminator" but more of a "Mounter" and that it takes some getting used to. And you have to use a "Sled".

That in itself really pissed us off. What if we want to laminate something 15 feet long?

Anyway, long story short, we now use it as a "Mounter" and are mildly happy with it. We stopped having missgivings/illusions that it was a low budget laminator, and it's fine for what it is. We don't use any of the rolls at all. Instead we cut out all of our lamination to size and "Mount" it on the print much in the same way that you use the Big Squeegee. Then "Mount" the Print.

I've had mine for 2 years and use it daily without any problems. I agree it took some getting used to but since then it's been good. I did 4 -15' prints last week and all were perfect..