• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major Flaw In Daige Quickmount 4????

zmatalucci

I agree that it is a very difficult machine to master. Having said that, I by no means am a master, but have found the sweet spot to run error free for a good while now.
I only run reverse wound material through it, and also wind the backing paper up by hand.

Yep thats the way I load and laminate mine, except I use a piece of liner about 6" long to chase the print through to be ready for the next print..I took the cardboard roller off the liner takeup reel and secure the liner with a couple small piece of making tape. On a new roll you have to wind it by hand every couple feet but then it evens out and works great. When I finish a roll I stand the takeup roll on end, hold the roll of paper and twist the tube backwards a couple times and it slides out, Now you have a tightly wound roll of packing paper..

AllSquare Jason

Yeah I have already asked the dealer about it, if they can't get it I guess I'll call Daige

Got you covered Mike - check your email! Also here is the 'official response from Daige' concerning what some are calling a 'flaw' - but really applies to reverse wound laminate:

Hi Jason,

What they are talking about is a "shaft holder". This is only needed when using reverse wound laminate. We show the shaft holder in our operating guide for setting up reverse wound laminate and also on our set up video on our web site at www.daige.com.

When the roll of reverse wound laminate gets down to about 1/4 full, it gets lighter and then the shaft lifts up out of the channel.
Due to the fact it is reverse wound, it turns the opposite way versus a regular wound roll. This does not happen with regular wound laminate.

Hope this clears some of this up for everyone - My customers are having success with the Daige Laminators and enjoy saving thousands vs other units.

joezeppii

Daige help

Hello all,
I just got my Daige 55" off of ebay. I'm having alot of difficulty getting it to run anything without wrinkles. Does anybody have any set up tips to help me out? I'm using reverse wound Oracal 210 laminate. I've tried using the liner paper on the front roller, but no luck.
If anyone has pictures and tips I'd appreciate it. The previouse owner never used it, so he is no help.
Thank you.