• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major Flaw In Daige Quickmount 4????

PMG

Just got it up and running and have it webbed up correct,the problem is that the roll of lam pops out of the U shaped channel the roll sits in,what is going on is that the lam roll and the take up roll for the backing are connected by a big rubber belt and when the 2 are in motion together the take up roll pulls upwards on the lam roll and pulls the lam roll out of the U shape channel the u shape channel is the problem it should be like the Pic below and not U shaped

Last edited:

cdiesel

Well that's just cheezy.. We had a daige, and that thing never worked right. I believe it was a version 3, and the belt that connected the two rollers would not stay aligned correctly and kept popping off the pulleys.

PMG

I guess ill be calling New York in the AM to find out what the hell is going on with it. Man what happen to good products GGGGGGGG WIZZZZ, I get it all set up and going and now this shit,man i was all worked up to get this thing going.I kinda feel like when my old lady gets me all worked up to that point then falls asleep LOL

PMG

Another thing it could be is the roll i had on it was just about done for and had no weight to it......i will put a new roll on it tomorrow and see if the weight is part of this issue!

Techman

daige = junk
I got one in the box,, ain't seen light since the hurricane... don't need it no more..

cdiesel

The machine should work no matter what the weight of the roll is. What the hell good is it if you have to struggle to use the last of the roll?!? I really hope that's not their answer tomorrow!

mondo

PMG would you kindly share their Phone Number (manufacturer)? It seems that every time I call my the supplier I got it from wont talk to me and if they would they said they will drop buy to take a look at it. Well, the problem is quite diffrent. It the bottom roller. It just on side of the roller (lower) keeps sliding down. I have to slide it through again and again. Thanks

ChicagoGraphics

I remember when they first came out, I bought one back then, first time I had used it worked fine, the second time I used it the motor burnt out, they sent me a new motor I installed it then went to laminate, then the new motor burnt out. By that time I was pissed off, Diage told me they sent me the wrong motor, they then send out me the motor I was suppose to get in the first place, but what they didn't tell me you have to have these special tools to install the motor, the tools alone were a few hundred dollars. So instead of sending it back to my supplier I bought from, I sent it right to Diage demanding a full refund plus my shipping cost. Needless to say it took some time getting everything they owed me but I got my money back.

The diage laminator is crap, even the china made laminators are made better then that thing.

ChristianSlager

Well folks, hate to tell ya, but I love my quickmount 4.... wish i had another for mounting, as I must admit, its a pain to have to refeed the laminate when you have to laminate, and then cut it off again to use it to mount....
The laminate roll popping out at first was an issue, but as the belt stretches a bit, the problem stops.
I admit that there are things that could be done better, but for an economy laminator, it works wonderfully.

So yeh... shut up already! lol

:peace!:

I have the Diage 4 and had this problem when I 1st got it but after some adjusting got it to work. I've attached a very crude drawing,
The lamination between 2-3 must be tight as it pulls downward on the roller, if the paper betweew 1-2 is tigher it pulls the roller out.

Attachments

• daige4.bmp
    162.3 KB · Views: 352

Wildpony

I recieved by 55" daige about 2 months ago, and it worked good right out of the box. Just noticed yesterday that is at the end of the roll and I never had any problems with rollers popping out.

PMG

Talked to Bob up at Daige he said the problem is in the rubber belt and that i had a roll that had no weight on it,he said the belt "should loosen up" on it and with a new roll of lam the weight should hold it down.....Im not to sure about the belt getting looser :rolleyes: that would make it slip at some point and time being looser........guess we will see when i put the new lam roll on it!!!

high impact

I've got the 55" 4 as well and it has worked wonderful since day one. I use reverse wound oracal on it and flipped the belt into a figure eight to run the roll the other way. Once again - works great! It is definitely not the Cadillac of laminators but it's a great laminator for the money.

PMG

I've got the 55" 4 as well and it has worked wonderful since day one. I use reverse wound oracal on it and flipped the belt into a figure eight to run the roll the other way. Once again - works great! It is definitely not the Cadillac of laminators but it's a great laminator for the money.
yep i did the figure 8 as well turns the take up in the other direction,works much better! seems like everything is ass backwards on this lam,,guess that what i get for trying to save a grand in cash!!!! BIG MISTAKE,but i can live with it for now,will get a better one in a year or so,and then use this one just for transfer tape!!!!

customsticker

I use my daige everyday for atleast 2 years now, probably 15+ prints through it a day, with no issues.

It takes minimal time to get the hang of it, but you can't beat it for $1800!

PMG

Rick i use Oragaurd reverse wound as well. instead of going under and over with the backing to the take up roll and tape it....on the figure 8 just pull backing up to the roll and tape it keeps the release liner to the glue back instead of glue to the back side of the paper!!!! If you got any droop in the take up it wont get stuck to the back side of the liner, Thats the only thing i see that its good for.