• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maps on business cards and postcards

Angela

A lot of my customers want a map to their location on a business card, postcard, ect. I have google mapped, yahoo mapped and can't figure out how to pull it off of the web cleanly. I thought I had it a few days ago but then ended up downloading the toolbar from hell and still didn't get a good quality map. Can anyone please tell me how this is done?

CanuckSigns

I've never seen a google map on a business card, your best bet if they insist would be to redraw a very simplified version in black/white.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
With the map on your screen in the browser, hit the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Open Photoshop, new file, paste.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Windows 7 has a program called "Snipping Tool". I would just use it on a background layer and trace over the relevant streets or landmarks that will best show people where your customers location. Even if you just copy/paste on a BC or PC it will be too small. As Watsons Signs said, you will need to make a simplified map for it to look "right" and be useful.

J

john1

I've never seen a google map on a business card, your best bet if they insist would be to redraw a very simplified version in black/white.

This is what i do, I make sure a major landmark is on it for reference too.

WildWestDesigns

Windows 7 has a program called "Snipping Tool". I would just use it on a background layer and trace over the relevant streets or landmarks that will best show people where your customers location. Even if you just copy/paste on a BC or PC it will be too small. As Watsons Signs said, you will need to make a simplified map for it to look "right" and be useful.

I didn't know about that one either. Just tried it out. Very cool.

Jillbeans

I just make a simple map using lines.
Here's an example from two old bizcard backs.
Much easier to do and I think it looks cleaner than some imported map.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 72

Signsforwhile

even better.....the backs of our cards have the QR code that links you to our google maps listing. you can automatically use your gps off your smart phone then :)