• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maps on business cards and postcards

axis

Maybe not...

2. Restrictions on Use. Unless you have received prior written authorization from Google (or, as applicable, from the provider of particular Content), you must not: (a) copy, translate, modify, or make derivative works of the Content or any part thereof;

I'd suggest using map apps as a guide for creating your own maps rather than cutting and pasting (or pirating, stealing, whatever you want to call it).

There are some freeware/shareware GPS map apps that will enable you to create maps and avoid copyright violations.

Attachments

• GM copyright.jpg
    GM copyright.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 83

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Checked it out. Nice but be prepared to make corrections. I went to our shop on it just to check it out and it shows the main intersection right by our shop completey wrong. The road is not even in the right place. In the middle, Dreher Rd has always become Williams St as it crosses Platt Springs. They show Dreher turning into some little dirt (Railroad Ave) road that cuts through a trailer park and Dreher itself cutting across and becoming Brooks St (that does not even exist, it's Brooks Ave.). Then it shows Dreher on the other side of Platt Springs which is actually Zeigler Rd. Not dogging it, just saying, double check your results there. They are just flat our way off and totally wrong for around here.

Openstreet Map on left, Google on right.

Here's what I use:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/

Allows you to save a map as a PDF that can be imported into your design program allowing the vectors to be extracted.

Check it out. Well worth signing up if you need maps for whatever reason.

Dan

Attachments

• omgwtfbbq.jpg
    omgwtfbbq.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 74
  • mmmmbbq.jpg
    mmmmbbq.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 81

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I have seen snippet maps and I copy the map to illustrator and trace the roads in black, label them and put some color icons in for major landmarks and the clients office. Much cleaner IMO

ReadyCut Print

Just a thought you might like to try...maybe you could print a QRCode that linked directly to the web address of the map site...people could open the link via mobile device and the map is on-screen for them.