Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive stencil needed, 25'x150' for roof top graphic

Discussion in 'Hand Made Signs' started by sinclairgraphics1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo Member

Dec 27, 2014
    CAMERON, MO

In the past I've used the backing from the laminator roll and plotted it out on the plotter. Since it's that big, I would use the pen, not the blade, and cut it out by hand. I'm sure there's a better idea, but if this gets the thought process started towards that idea, that's better than nothing. :p

2. rknight68

rknight68 New Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Warrenton
    You can use the 3-4-5 rule to check for a right angle in the corner and layout the grid from there.

3. BluetailGFX

BluetailGFX Journeyman

Dec 3, 2018
    Florida
    Just divide and conquer(start cutting).......

Make a Plan AND Label Label Label Label!

Attached Files:

4. Mal

Mal Member

May 11, 2008
    Eastern Ontario
    Sorry...late to this party, but in the late 90's we did a logo on a 200' x 200' Infield Tarp for the inaugural year of the Ottawa Lynx AAA Baseball franchise (farm team for Montreal Expos) . We gridded it off with chalk. The real difficulty was that the space we had rented to do it was 80 x 200, so we had to constantly roll one end up and unroll the opposite to work on it. That tarp weighed 1000lbs. I hated that job, lol.