• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Cutter and then......

signgirl71

We had this issue a long time ago when we first started using ours. Try plugging your plotter into a different outlet than your computer. Don't ask me why but this solved our problem. The plotter stopped that awful "downward" slice through the jobs. I have to say though-for an extremely loud, cheap plotter-it has made us enough money for all our printers and the customer support is actually better than most.
Hope this solves your gremlin problem.
Chris

signmeup

So it works fine on calm days? Check your power from the grid. Sounds like power fluctuations.
I use 85 grams downforce for vinyl, 500 for sand blast mask. It should not be possible for the cutter to cut through the paper. The blade should only project from the holder the same thickness as the vinyl. If the blade is only sticking out 2 mils it doesn't matter how hard you push down on it, it won't cut any deeper.
Plug it into a different outlet all by itself.

signage

Using a different ground than the utilities can cause you more problems, this could cause problems with you other house wiring if something is not wired correctly and is having a problem. electricity take the path of least resistance, which may happen to be through you plotter now that you have it attached directly to a ground!

Techman - Thanks for your help and I do agree that I need to get a new cutter but I have the Desay people telling me static is my problem I just want to make sure that I dont go drop a few thousand on a Roland and have it do the same thing that my Master Cutter.

My Office has concrete floors.

I have tried to plug my machine into a diffrent outlet even going as far as running an extention cord. Didnt work.

I use SignGo to do my cutting and all my design in CorelX3 or Adobe. I would love to rule Signgo out of the equation. Does anyone know if Flexistarter has a 30 day trial or if there is a way to cut from Corel?

Thanks

Last edited:

OldPaint

another thing most dont know is some machines are made so they can run in europe....which their eclectric is different then here. all america runs on 60 CYLCES, europe runs on 50 CYCLES some machines that are sold to both markets HAVE A SMALL SLIDE SWITCH SOMEWHERE ON THEM, OR has the change built into its digital readout....

Well guys thanks everyone for your help. I guess this is a lesson learned by me. I will tell you this if it wasn't for this forum I would have thrown this damn thing out the window by now!

Techman -My main business is doing simple work vehicle graphics and parking control signs. If it is time for me to get a real machine as you said Which do YOU recommend? I have looked on this site and the best seem to be Roland and graphtec. Since I have been using a Desay master XY380 what would be a DEPENDABLE upgrade.

Laboratory17

i have a master.. and the place i used to work had the same model

mine's always worked fine, but the other one would randomly cut diagonal lines through big jobs every now and then.

but definitely nothing as strange as what the OP is getting.

cutkiller

Hi there.. I may have a solution for ya'll. My english is really bad, but ill try to explain.

I had the same problem with my xy-300p. It was going crazy and cutting everywhere in the middle of a job... i found that if you follow these step, it solves the problem. Ok first, if figure that before sending a job to your plotter, you setup a origin point, or current point, where your job will begin, right? Ok, locate the starting point, BUT DO NOT CONFIRM BY PRESSING ENTER NOW. Just move the blade holder in place... then, send your job from your soft to your plotter. When the job is 100% sent, press ENTER to confirm your current location. The job will start, and everything should be ok. Also, make sure your offset value is set to 0.015. Try other value between 0.010 and 0.035 if 0.015 doesnt works for you..

I hope it will help.. cheers.

jinx

I've got the same cutter and I am pretty much buying a new plotter this week. I have some of the same issues. The plotter cuts random lines through the work, and will always zap you when you walk by and touch it. I would agree that with this plotter static is an issue, but only one issue - I have used a few other plotters and they have all worked much better then this one! I do regret not investing more initially.

And for the first time I noticed the display went blank on me tonight. It's also been doing this no thing - when setting up the start point the knife will just drop and not go back up. You have to reset the machine to move it again.

Just tonight alone I haven't been able to plot much without wasting at least a portion of it. I've found that slower speeds do help, but that kills your productivity!

canadianchef

Master Plotter

Hi:
We had alot of problems with ours until we switched to a USB-Serial cable.
This solved all of our issues (other than using a cheap plotter..lol)
Try it !
Warm Regards
Terry:Canada:

Kinda wierd..We accually have a Master plotter and even though it is cheap it has paid for itself over 10 times....I wouldnt mind buying another one if the price is right...

Dude! Junk Master plotters sell for $300. How much cheaper than that do you want it? Garbage in means garbage out.

chopper

You Got 3 Problems...
1. Master Cut
2. Master Cut
3. Master Cut))))))
well I guess I can say that I agree with OP, hard to believe it but I agree with him on this, you know the old saying you cant make chicken salad out of chicken sheeeeot...//chopper

slipperyfrog

We picked up one of these POS just for a very cheap vinyl cutter backup. That is all it is and a place to set you coffee mug in the morning. :)

stmpc

I've had a Master for about a year and a half now.... it's paid for itself 500 times now (probably more)... I do get the diagonal cuts.... and have found that it is more problematic in the winter... (when the humidity is low)..... very frustrating when you're cutting 24" x 30+" graphic out of reflective... I didn't have a single problem last summer.... just cut the complete aztec calendar and came out great..... I am looking for something new now.... not because this one doesn't make me money, but because I don't trust it.... I just don't have time to baby-sit the plotter when the humidity is low.

Things that I've found to help.... reduce your nodes (if possible)..... try an empty outlet.....