Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master Cutters Are Awesome!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by charlie3238, Dec 16, 2008.

1. charlie3238

charlie3238 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Actually they`re JUNK... but I got your attention. Can`t wait for my Gerber to get here so I can take this thing to the shooting range but until then I have a job to do. My problem is I`m doing 1/2" lettering on some small wall tiles. When I cut it`s leaving small curves on the insides of the letters when it should have sharp corners. The only thing I can think of is it`s where the blade is rotating to make the curve but would like some other input. I`m using Flexisignpro and a desay master XY380P cutter. I`ll attach a pic so you can see what I`m talking about. Thanks and PLEASE HELP!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Dove

Dove New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Is the Knife or carriage loose? It looks like the blade overshoots in the direction of travel before being brought back on to the correct line. It could also be knife offset .... May be

3. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    You've just invented a new type-face....BIG BUX there! Woo Hoo, do you know what a GoldMine you've got there?!

Yikes, looks like it's either a serious mechanical flaw or there is some sort of software offset that's clearly outta whack.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Wow, that thing cuts like a turd. I don't have any advice, but congrats on the new one you've got coming to you.

5. charlie3238

charlie3238 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Thats exactly what it looks like.....Everything is tight on this thing though. I`ve done bigger signs and it works perfect but have never done anything this small.

I`ll post the youtube video when I feed it lead.:ROFLMAO:

6. JPGraphics

JPGraphics Member

Aug 8, 2007
  7. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    What is your blade offset set at?

8. totalimage

totalimage Active Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Florida
    Take the blade holder out and soak it in mineral spirits... let it soak for about a hour them blow into it to get any dirt out. We have a master and graphtec but still use the master...I guess we got the only good one...but the loudest one i bet...

9. charlie3238

charlie3238 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    THANK YOU!! Problem solved.

I called the master warehouse earlier and they told me it DEFINETLY wasn`t an issue w/ the Flexi setting but it was the cutter. He told me I needed to drop it off two hours away, Pay a $100.00 service charge and then parts on top of that! Then he called me back and told me what a great sale they were having on their cutters and how I should buy another one!

10. johnny_loves_amy

johnny_loves_amy Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Will this same procedure work for a Bridge Pro Cutter? I am having the same pausing, cutting wildly through the middle of a job, leaving tiny pieces that didn't meet up and make weeding a pain.. Maybe someone can tell me will this fix mine till I can get a better plotter..

11. JPGraphics

JPGraphics Member

Aug 8, 2007
    No problem, thank the original poster of the fix/settings and be sure to tip your waitress.

12. signmeup

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    So what exactly solved the problem? Was the knife offset wrong or?

13. johnny_loves_amy

johnny_loves_amy Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Thanks to all!!!!!! I just used this method on my Bridge Pro and it is working effortless.. This saved us from having to invest in a new plotter for the time being.. This is the greatest site, with the most helpful people.. God Bless to all!!!

Johnny

14. charlie3238

charlie3238 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Yes the knife offset was wrong (which I changed to 0.012) The curve quality was on high when it should of been low or medium and the packet settings were at 8KB instead of 1000 KB. What a difference! I`m might just keep it as a backup instead of using it as target practice. Thank you for answering my post and of course to sandrailgraphics for initially posting this! You guys are great. Cheers

15. Sticker Dude

Sticker Dude Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Florida
    I just bough a Roland pnc-1410 and still have my Master
    I had the same problem with the PNC I corrected now
    but I will keep my Master till I die Best cutter for the price never had 1 problem with it an bought it late of 1999

16. totalimage

totalimage Active Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Florida

Being a Professional, as yourself, uses a cheap crappy Master Cutter. Now come on!!!

17. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I use a cheap Masters cutter...

I'll qualify that with my husband does. He's got it in TN with him and still uses it at least weekly. It was our main cutter for almost 3 years and MORE than earned it's money back over and over.

18. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    4k program with a $300 cutter. Dosen't make sense, but glad you got things running properly.

19. signmeup

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    But once again, the cutter was not to blame. It was not set up properly in the ($4000 dollar?)software. Why can't you expensive cutter snobs get this?:biggrin:

20. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Because expenisve cutter snobs do not endure all kinds of gyrations, beg help on a website, and other needless forplay to get their machine to run correctly right out of the box...