• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master XY-300P feeding issue.

mmicrosysm

Nothing to do with the materials. ITs the machine alignment. The head aligned with the roller.
The material is moving! Nothing to do with the head alignment at all. On short runs it cuts excellent, but on longer runs the material starts moving to the left. Which then throws off the cut and design.

mmicrosysm

I tried my older material one more time and was able to get a almost straight cut. It only strayed off about a 1/16" for which I'll take. Only problem is during the last bits of the cut it just stopped and froze.

Techman

The material is moving! Nothing to do with the head alignment at all.

Oh really?????

You don't know what the problem is but now you can say what it isn't???

What controls the material movement???? There are only two parts that control the material movement.

ITs a combination of the pinch rollers and the feed roller. There is nothing else guiding that material. Unless you want to call it ether. But ether was proved to be non existent in the 1500's

Let me ask you.. What are the pinch rollers attached to?????
They are attached to the upper frame or HEAD..

What is the feed roller attached to?
IT is attached to the lower frame or BODY.

Notice I did not say CUTTER HEAD....

If the upper head (pinch rollers) is not aligned with the lower body (feed roller) you will get tracking errors.

Simple as that.

OR, the pinch rollers are not holding tight enuf while the cutter drags itself around the material.. Since you got the pinch rollers so to tight they mangle the material its obviously not a pinch roller pressure problem..

signmeup

Waste of time. The material was feeding left and right when the post started now it's going left every time. The user has no idea how the machine works. As Techman pointed out these are stone simple machines with, essencially two moving parts.
If it's doing something erratic....something is loose or the material is being damaged during feeding. If it feeds wrong to the left everytime....something is out of alignment.

Buy a Graphtec and hope it's set up properly (or be baffled when it doesn't do any better.)

One last try.....swap the pinch rollers and see if it now feeds to the right every time.(if it does in fact feed to one side every time now)

mmicrosysm

Oh really?????

You don't know what the problem is but now you can say what it isn't???

What controls the material movement???? There are only two parts that control the material movement.

ITs a combination of the pinch rollers and the feed roller. There is nothing else guiding that material. Unless you want to call it ether. But ether was proved to be non existent in the 1500's

Let me ask you.. What are the pinch rollers attached to?????
They are attached to the upper frame or HEAD..

What is the feed roller attached to?
IT is attached to the lower frame or BODY.

Notice I did not say CUTTER HEAD....

If the upper head (pinch rollers) is not aligned with the lower body (feed roller) you will get tracking errors.

Simple as that.

OR, the pinch rollers are not holding tight enuf while the cutter drags itself around the material.. Since you got the pinch rollers so to tight they mangle the material its obviously not a pinch roller pressure problem..
Ok I'll bite, how do I rectify this then?? And sorry I thought you where referring to the cutting head.

Waste of time.
Not called for!! Then do not post if you think so.

signmeup

I said it was waste of time because at first your machine was feeding left and right and now you say it feeds left every time. Which is it? If it has the same error everytime it's highly likely you are installing the vinyl crooked. The little rulers stuck to the machine might be stuck on wrong for instance.
Good luck.

mmicrosysm

Techman, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. You where correct the machines upper (HEAD) was out of whack. I kept making adjustment to it until the material feed as straight as the machine will ever do. There really not to much available adjustments but enough to get this into a usable condition. Now only tracks off about 1/32" which is very acceptable for what I paid for this unit.

Again thank you!