• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material Fail?

skyhigh

Edge cap???.....Wrap material over onto the back?????

In Pennsylvania, we have those same weather conditions.... and we also have millions of DOT signs that are "vinyl'd" to the edge of the aluminum. I have also vinyl'd to the edge of many a sign. I've never had this happen.

Problems....
1) you didn't clean your material good.
2) Wrong combo of material
3) possibly the full bleed print caused an edge problem?

Being that I don't "print", I can't comment on the vinyls you use......but I wouldn't be afraid to use Oracal cal 651 on a flat panel sign, and expect 3-4 years out of it (typically i only stock 751 or 951 tho). Is there a big difference between a 5yr "cut" vinyl vs a 5yr "print" material? If not, then this isn't your problem.

Good advice would be to use "cut" vinyl on blue dibond. Another would be, don't cover to the edge of the material....leave a border.

Cast vinyl and 5 maybe even 10mil polycarbonate overlam.

yep.....good advice. Especially since they be thrown around a lot. Or maybe a back print on lex edge.