• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metal Business Cards

Esmae

I'm not telling anyone to have a go at it. I simply pointed out that a co2 laser can cut metal and that the laser source of an engraver over 100w can cut metal. I would not mod my machine nor anyone elses to do this. I would simply purchase a purpose built machine like a kern ( yes small scale compared to yours ) but enough for my needs? I did though point out that if you were to try you would need cutting gas.

At what point did I say they were pointless indulgences?

Custom_Grafx

Mach 3... daaaaaaam...

my mouth started watering when I read that. I would like to meet your machine one day sir. :)

I love water jets. I've only had a couple of jobs where I had to outsource it. Worked a treat for solid 10mm aluminium... looked great!

On an off topic, wouldn't laser etched/engraved rowmark or ipi cards be a good alternative (cost/equipment wise) to metal?

CES020

So it's morning now and I must have had a bad dream. Because now I see that it's not possible to cut metal with out of the box laser engravers.

It's also possible to cut metal with CO2 lasers, but not the out of the box one's sold for engraving.

So that's where everyone is this morning.

Humm....seems like that's exactly where I was when I was an ignoramus just last night!

See, a good nights sleep is all I needed, now the guy says the same thing I said and he's brilliant (in his own mind).

Panerai

Panerai I am confused...

are you a construction guy with a plotter who wants to do his own stuff or a sign guy that does construction? Your name (or any associated accolades you may expect for having it) are totally lost on me, so I am asking the question looking for an honest answer... because you appear to be a guy looking to do his own stuff.

I dont do construction... I have never worked a day of labor in my life... I am part owner owner of a construction company, (family business) I just have a lot of hobbies, tonnes of time and even more money on my hands, and I need something to fill my time, as I am usually bored.

Car wrapping is fun for me, I am pretty damn good at it too, I am in the process of wrapping my rally car in Carbon Fiber, and I am going to do a full matte black wrap on my Gall next week. Ill post some pictures up.

So I get into something, and a few months get bored of it. Only thing I have yet to get bored of is flying.

Im actually in Florida right now Bigdawg, I was at Daytona on the 12th for the day of festivities (3M even had a wrap tent there lol)

Panerai

haha... good one... like as if you can cut metal with a water jet... pfft!

WHat? Is there an attachment for my garden hose that I can do this with?

Will my water bill go up?

jk

Thanks for the input everyone, I am actually looking at Carbon Fiber business cards now, I can get them in .3mm and .6mm and they looks nicer.

I have a low attention span, Its only slightly higher then George W Bush's and I dont think that is a good thi........ Oooo a puppy.

Joe Diaz

Must be nice to have so much money and view this as nothing more than a hobby. Here I'm trying to make a living doing this type of stuff. I can't afford to let it "bore" me.:rolleyes:

I know if I had "tonnes of time and even more money" I wouldn't be wasting it on making metal business cards. I'd be traveling the world, or working on a hotrod or the countless other more rewarding things to do.:wink:

Last edited:

Deaton Design

Must be nice to have so much money and view this as nothing more than a hobby. Here I'm trying to make a living doing this type of stuff. I can't afford to let it "bore" me.:rolleyes:

I know if I had "tonnes of time and even more money" I wouldn't be waisting it on making metal business cards. I'd be traveling the world, or working on a hotrod or the countless other more rewarding things to do.:wink:

:goodpost:

CanuckSigns

I know if I had "tonnes of time and even more money" I wouldn't be wasting it on making metal business cards. I'd be traveling the world, or working on a hotrod or the countless other more rewarding things to do.:wink:

:goodpost:

How exactly did you sneak past those pesky forum rules?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now Joey.... you know it's not polite to make our new found friends feel unwanted.

Nothing wrong with his wanting to dabble in a field as he put it... where he doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing.
I am asking for information on how to make the product, ideas, places to buy, not how to run my business. I know I can outsource this. Id like to do it in house.
I bought a 5 bay garage a few months ago so I can "Learn to make signs" "and get into tinting and car wrapping"
Heck my first vinyl work I did was the registration numbers on my Cessna 172RG.

I was asking for guidance not criticism, neither constructive or other.

This gentleman seems to have no vision of making this into a business. He already admitted to having the attention span as that of a gnat. He’s here today and probably out making a Hip Hop Aerobic Exercise Doll or dust slippers for your cat tomorrow.

Don’t beat yourself up over someone’s frolicking in life, while the rest of us work. That wouldn’t be very patriotic. :rolleyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Darn it......

I didn't know he was banned until I posted this. Kind of a waste now.................

iSign

nice baiting Stacy... well, between the two of us.. he was an easy target waiting to finish himself off... shame we had to wait overnight before he took the bait, but it was just a matter of time...

Marlene

you banned the rich kid before I had a chance to befriend him and get him to buy me something nice...booo, there goes my sugar daddy!