• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Michigan Newbie, Help me Support Our Troops!

mi_da_dc_eg

Hello,

My name is Justin, I am 23 years old and from Michigan.I am currently building a 1990 Acura Integra GS for autocross/show. Well for a while now I have been thinking of a theme to go with on the car. I came to the decision of doing it for the troops who fight for our freedom each day. I would like to express my deepest appreciation to those men and women of our armed services who inspired me to create this project.

Now I already contacted the local army and marines. Waiting on a reply. I am trying to get as much support as possible to make this project a success. So any and all advice is suggested.

So far I am trying to actually put the theme together. We came up with dog tags on the hood that will say support our troops or possibly a wrap. but we need more to really speak our message and show our dedication.I do have a proposal if you'd like to see it.

We are currently looking for the following type of support/sponsors:

vinyl decal sponsors or airbrushing
A way to contact the local Michigan army/marines/etc.
performance parts and accessories
we are really open to anyone who is willing to help us and support us with this project.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Ken

Welcome and good luck.
Best thing you could do is to support Ron Paul.
You may have to go knocking on doors at your local sign shops..you might find a friendly there that has time on his/her hands.
Cheers!
Ken

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No I havent, see I dont have a big budget for one and for two I dont know where to look, I was told to post here and see what comes up. any advice?

Yes ... my advice would be to personally visit a few sign companies in your area, explain the concept and see if you get a volunteer. No one here knows you and while you may get assorted bits of advice I doubt you'll find someone to donate anything to an anonymous newbie on the internet.

By presenting yourself and your ideas in person, you will have a much better chance of enlisting someone's assistance. If not, then it just wasn't that good of an idea.

mi_da_dc_eg

thanks!

This is what I have planned:

On the hood- Dog Tags That say support our troops
On the sides I am thinking the soldiers creed:
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
I am also thinking American flags, Navy Ships ,Fighter Jets ,The Marine Sword ,And a Solider on the sides with the following words also:
Honor
Loyalty
Personal Courage
Integrity
Duty
Respect
Selfless Service

on the rear bumper- the seals from each branch, thanks for the idea

Ken

All that wordy text could go on a sign placed beside the car when it is showing. I would try to keep the design elements simple...desert-like.
Maybe even camo elements to it.
Good luck.
Ken

Replicator

I think you should buy a :

printer . . . $20,000

plotter . . . $6,000

Then just create your idea's with the monies you've invested !

It takes a big investment to do sign or vehicle graphics, and donations are scarce . . .

cOrKinSA

Sell some Bar-B-Que plates!
Thats where to start, and then get the money and hold a raffle to make some more money.
Finally get that cash and take it to your nearest sign shop and ask them to help you.
.....or you can just get the money and buy Paper, Pens, Envelopes, & Stamps to make individual packages and send them overseas. They need that more then they need a car they will never drive.

OldPaint

thanks but no thanks.
gee....you really want to support our troops...
us who have served......really like you...who talk, but wont serve.......and i guess youre patriotic???
sorry not impressed........
you wana be ALL YOU CAN BE DONTCHA????))))))

Techman

I am currently building a 1990 Acura Integra GS for autocross/show.

I don't think you are goona get a FREE donation to decorate YOUR SHOW CAR just because its a military theme..

If you want to show some cars.. get a job and pay for your decorations.

Personally,, on second thought.. Its a kind of a slap in the face asking me to give you something for your own profit on the backs of our military.... Don't use our boys as a way to get FREE shyte.

I dont have a big budget
Then you don't have what it takes to build a friggin show car..