• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Head error 007

SignsPlus3020

Ruckusman, I will definately try this as a 'last resort' before ordering a head. I know you're in the middle of a move. Maybe Artbot, you could help me out by posting a picture of the part where the pillowing occurs, so I'm 100% certain which part I need to run the soft plastic edge over? That would be super helpful.

artbot

take off the manifild to the head. there's a slit down the middle (the manifold gasket jumps across the long "hole"). around the edge of that slit connections go laterally and then dive down into the head. right at the the point that those connections take a quick 90 degree turn downward, there can be a bit of puffiness instead of a solid lamination to the base of the pcb.

ruckusman

Artbot definitely knows the way, and said it more succinctly with less words

Hats off to you sir.

In reality it's no more difficult than changing a manifold, maybe intimidating first time you do it, but after that "All too easy"

SignsPlus3020

Hi All,

So here's an update to the drama that is our printer.

We ordered in a new head. It cleared the error but right before a test print a NEW head error showed up. History repeated itself and we ordered in a second head. Two lines into a test print, walah. Error # 3. We're in the process of cleaning out all of the lines and cartridges. I now understand what you meant by 'storage mode' and I'm pretty upset at the former manager who bought this thing without bothering to train anyone else on its upkeep, etc. We're a microbusiness here, it's really tough to shell out hundreds of dollars for new printheads.

In any case, I'm hoping that it's not necessarily the head that malfunctioning, but the fact that no ink was getting to the rest. When we swapped the heads before, the error swapped, too. Can one head going bad cause a chain reaction? Any help would be greatly appreciated, in as great of detail as possible.

Thanks! SP

artbot

what were the results again of the data swap? or did that ever happen?

...new head immediate error from that channel only? i doubt that the any of your heads are bad (possibly fried from a short elsewhere). the slider board may be bad. take the oldest head, or better yet a clogged really old head that still is electronically sound, ...pull data cables from a channel that is not giving an error. you can just let it dangle duct taped to the edge of the carriage. i wouldn't do a data swap in this case for fear that the slider board might (most likely not) be hurting your heads. see if that other data going to the head declared 07 gives you a different result.

SignsPlus3020

The new ones didnt error. One of the old heads, that didnt error before did. We have cleaned and cleaned the printer ever way we can think of. Every time we get a new head, a old head errors. And ever time we swap a ribbon the printer wont even turn on. We are not printer tec's. The printer was kinda thrown at us. We just found out that the printer is about 5 years old. So I'm wondering if its just the end of the line and time to refurbish the print, we really hope thats not the problem. Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Sam

artbot

if the printer will not turn on, then you are hooking up the data swap incorrectly, there's no other explanation. i've hooked wrong (no turn on). corrected, turns on. so blame the cable configuration and be extremely careful to get it right or you may damage the printer.

by cleaning the printer you could be getting tiny drips of solvent on the head's board. that will fry heads. i'm slammed with a monday morning set up. but later today, i'll pm you my phone number. it's pretty obvious this has granny-knotted into a disaster.

manix78

Hello
I had the same error 07. I replaced the print head and error is gone but cant print. Any ideas?
test print - pic1
swat data test print - pic2

All data cable is new.

Best regards
Mario

Attachments

• ph1.jpg
    ph1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 97
  • ph2.jpg
    ph2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 103

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet on this post. Make sure you actually have ink flowing to the heads. If any of your dampers are empty it will cause a head heat error as well.

manix78

I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet on this post. Make sure you actually have ink flowing to the heads. If any of your dampers are empty it will cause a head heat error as well.

Dampers is full. I have no idea. Damage electronics?

manix78

Hi,

The Slider board is fixed. I think so. Test print looks like --> fix1.jpg . Just half head prints. Do you have any ideas? Thank you for your suggestions.

Best regards
Mario

signworld

NEED HELP!!!! WE have a jv3-160sp and it's giving us a error 07 head with (*-----). We have ordered a new head and its on it's way we are just wondering if the astric denotes with head is bad.. Could someone please help us?!?!?! And are we looking in to more problems since our printer has been down for about a month???? Any help is appreciated... thank you and have a great day!

jaki514

Hello guys!
im having same problem too. head error 07 (_ _ _ _ _ _ _*) its this bad ribbon cable? i have been cleaning soaking my printhead try to recover it but now this problem. please help before my head get dry, do i pull off the cartridge or not? will it do the auto cleaning still? i did order the ribbon cables today. any though guys

MikePro

you will generate a head error 07 if your ribbon cables aren't placed securely and in the right order. that and anything else that could inhibit data from going from point A (board) to point B (printhead)
and yes, the asterisk denotes which channel is bad.