• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mind is a blank - Versaworks

anotherdog

My mind is a blank this morning.
I can't remember how to print individual panels of a job that is tiled.

many thanks :thankyou:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Off-topic... but it's starting to irritate the heck out of me with the lock-ups for no apparent reason... really a PITA.

animenick65

Yes, I noticed it can be funky at times, especially during startup. Are you losing prints because of the lockup?

Jack Knight1979

Tell me about it. It locks up ALL THE TIME.

I've reintalled it a few times and that seemed to help for a while, but it always locks up.

If you do the control+alt+delete and go to process you can turn off the rolandversaworks process and it shuts down asap.

Easier than waiting for XP to shut the program down.

anotherdog

With the lock-ups its almost to the point of ritual, Click the OK button, hold it for a count of five and hope.
I don't lose anything but time, but it is frustrating in an otherwise good program.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I had updated hoping it would clear it up... didn't... got worse if anything!!

And no - if something is printing I can just let the program sit until it's done then do the control-alt-delete to force quit out of it. Which is what I do.

But I queue up several jobs at a time generally and it is bothersome that I am never sure what will make it lock-up... and had to laugh at the ritual - same here :smile:

petepaz

i only had problems when i did update the software
funny that is supposed to make things better, more efficient, blah..blah
all i have had are problems and i end up going back to my original version
of the software

Sign Works

I'm not sure if what I experience is the same lock-up the rest of you are refering to or not but in over three years Versaworks has only locked-up on me maybe three times, the cause has always been that there is a font in the artwork file that was not converted to paths and Versaworks cannot recognize it. This lock-up occurs while riping the file, never experienced a lock-up during the actual printing.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Nope... that's not it because i can load the same file and be fine next time. Usually happens when you hit the "okay" button after setting it up.

What version are you running Jim? I gotta say again the last update seems to make it worse...