• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh new ink disaster

SignAnnex

It covers everything but the contacts, basically there is a little window cut out for the contact. There is also a bunch of Japanese’s writing on them. I will post a picture tomorrow, just left the shop for the day.

CheapVehicleWrap

We'll need to translate that writing. I have a feeling it's going to say something to the effect of "Do not use ink in printer or damage will happen. Upgrade printer every 2-3 years".

SignAnnex

lol... It appears that the foil is the same, but I'm also worried about the ink variations that have been discussed in this and other posts?

Attachments

• Mutoh 1.jpg
    Mutoh 1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Mutoh 2.jpg
    Mutoh 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Mutoh 3.jpg
    Mutoh 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 121

Wraps ink

I think they are trying to deter the falcon users from using the valuejet inks by making the card harder to remove but I would be very cautious using that ink make sure if something goes wrong like color shifting or anything unusual you call mutoh or document with pictures because it will only get worse

jr_tech

Just got cyan carts with the "new" foil covered rubber

I just got cyan carts with the "new" foil covered rubber seals. They were a little difficult to put into the machine. I don't remember having to push them in as hard as I did these. They show a manufacture date of 10/2010. Anyone know when these will be "safe" again or what date ranges to use?

Can I just order ValueJet carts for my Falcon II Outdoor and use them as is? I've read about having to change the smartcards, which doesn't make any sense to me, since they look like the same card. I've also read about the chicksh!t sticker over the smartcard to deter users of older printers from using the valuejet inks. That seems to indicate to me that FIIOD users are to be treated as bastard stepchildren but still forces to pay the same price for apparently different inks.

Freakin' smart cards. Isn't it cheaper to just make one cart with the same card AND the same ink? Sheesh.

This whole change is BS. Anyone know if the 440s are affected as well? I'm going to try and exchange these 220s with the F'ed up seals.

I've been problem free and wish to stay that way. My other inks in the machine are all older and range between 20-50% full.

Thanks.

Signs Excetra

Must be nice to be able to buy a new printer but for the majority of us that is not an option! When you spend $20,000 on a printer you expect it to work and ours never has. Techs could never fix the problem, we eventually let the warranty run out. Why pay Calgraph for a warranty when they can't even fix the problem. We've learned to just deal with the problems but now they are messing with the inks??? We've never had more problems than we have had in the last year. Everyone is right Mutoh does not care. They just want you to buy a new printer. Is anyone else having problems with Mutoh ink cartridges for the Falcon Outdoor? In the last six months we have had ten cartridges that the little plastic thing in the cartridge itself has delaminated from the bag and so will not pop out to let the sensor know that it is out of ink. Printer continues printing thinking it has ink and print is ruined not to mention an empty line and colors being contaminated.

Sign Eagle

Anybody tried any of the 3rd party in with better results. We've had to put a lot of material in the dumpster in the last 6 months or so.

lbpalm

I have no idea if its from the new inks or not but I put new carts in the other day and overnight the capping station wicked all my ink out and all over the darn floor... Only reason I bring this up is because I remember reading others having the same problem when they started using the new inks.

Same here.
- What a mess.