• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh new ink disaster

Wraps ink

Yeah I have those new inks and they dont work either...all they did was put a silver tab over the same rubber seal on the front of the cartridge..and I think they made the cartridges the same size as the original ones...but Im still having issues with those also

bmatlock5

i cannot understand why they just do not go back to the old original design that did not cause problems. you ask them about "cheaper" aftermarket ink and they will tell you that they do not recommend cutting corners and using genuine ink from mutoh because it is better for your printer even if it is more expenive, but when it comes to them spending an extra dollar or so to get the correct cartridge, they cannot do that.

Newbie_on

Yeah I have those new inks and they dont work either...all they did was put a silver tab over the same rubber seal on the front of the cartridge..and I think they made the cartridges the same size as the original ones...but Im still having issues with those also

Dude,
Get VJ cartridges and move on!

Wraps ink

well you would think mutoh would stand behind the product they sell...instead of all the falcon users having to just "make do" and find our own solutions to fix their problems

Stealth Ryder

well you would think mutoh would stand behind the product they sell...instead of all the falcon users having to just "make do" and find our own solutions to fix their problems

They have resolved the issue by sending new carts to the dealers who have requested them... Call your dealer, if they are any good they will have the correct carts...

Compilla

Hey S.Ryder,

According to Wraps Ink the new inks do not work either.

Wraps ink

yeah we have the new (corrected inks) and they are no different exept a little longer and they have placed a silver sticker over the rubber seal on the outside...when the rubber seal is what I think is causing the problems
look at the cartridges and any feedback is welcomed....it shows all three cartridges and how the new ones really arent that much different

Attachments

• cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 139

Ghost Prophet

yeah we have the new (corrected inks) and they are no different exept a little longer and they have placed a silver sticker over the rubber seal on the outside...when the rubber seal is what I think is causing the problems
look at the cartridges and any feedback is welcomed....it shows all three cartridges and how the new ones really arent that much different

Pro photo :)

Wraps ink

so we have been using valuejet cartridges for about two weeks now and printing fine..black lays down a little heavy but its better than color shifting so to all those who said the dampers were bad....I just proved you all wrong IT'S THE INKS/CARTRIDGES FROM MUTOH CAUSING THE PROBLEMS and now the maintenance station they had Calgraph install twice with the mesh screens is spraying ink on the inside of my printer..it never ends with these guys...and I cant even get them to return my phone call..emailed them pics and everything and i get no response..great going mutoh

Stealth Ryder

so we have been using valuejet cartridges for about two weeks now and printing fine..black lays down a little heavy but its better than color shifting so to all those who said the dampers were bad....I just proved you all wrong IT'S THE INKS/CARTRIDGES FROM MUTOH CAUSING THE PROBLEMS and now the maintenance station they had Calgraph install twice with the mesh screens is spraying ink on the inside of my printer..it never ends with these guys...and I cant even get them to return my phone call..emailed them pics and everything and i get no response..great going mutoh

Based on the tone of your post it seems you do know more about Printers, Inks, etc than all the techs out here who try to help folks like you... I am sure they all will remember how smart you are the next time you ask a question here and act accordingly... Glad you resolved your problem...

:doh:

Latigo

Hmmm. When I joyously prove anyone in my family wrong it usually ends up with me getting a tap at the base of my skull with a porcelain Darning Egg.

luggnut

Based on the tone of your post it seems you do know more about Printers, Inks, etc than all the techs out here who try to help folks like you... I am sure they all will remember how smart you are the next time you ask a question here and act accordingly... Glad you resolved your problem...

stealth.. i know you are a real help on these boards for the mutoh users, but are you saying there isn't any problem with the new cartridges?

g1sammons

i have spent a small fortune in media heads maint station ink lines rubber seals ect ink cartages lost customers because we coulnt figure out the problem
went thru the ink starvation issue replaced everything they ask me to
talk to every tech they had earlyer this year
wasted a alot of money time ect
not even a sorry out of them instead they push how great the noew vj printers are
dont think they get the picture that it doesnt matter how good the printer is when the service and customer support sucks that much
its damm sure what i wont be buying and anyone els i can talk out of it !!!
what really made me angry is they have known about this for a while!!!
the whole time i was waisting time and money !
and loosing work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomence

My sign supplier dropped the Mutoh line of printers and also they are not working or doing service calls for Mutoh anymore. They got tired of their customer/dealer service and they only carry Roland now.

Stealth Ryder

None of this makes any sense to me, why would someone drop a line of printers that has not been manufactured for 3 years. Falcon Outdoor printers are not sold in the US anymore to the best of my knowledge. Parts are still manufactured overseas and imported to the US but not on the same level as when the printers were being sold. I understand some folks frustration but if you are that unhappy with something move on to another machine that is currently supported and genuine parts are readily available for... Heck it's almost impossible for me to get parts for my old, very old 3 wheeler (which are not manufactured anymore) but I knew this when I bought it yet Honda has since done fine... Things get outdated and have to be replaced sometimes...

Wraps ink

Stealth....you just dont get it...I bought my falcon new 3 years ago....its not that the parts are hard to get its that mutoh decided to experiment with the ink and its screwing everyone up and costing ua tons of money...my machine worked fine until we got new inks ....and the problem is mutoh knew all along what they did and wont stand behind the mistakes they made and continue to make...I guess they feel that the falcon users will eventually go away....and if you owned a falcon you would understand the frustration.

tomence

I am not talking about the old printers i am talking about the new VJ's, my supplier used to sell them last year but this year when i went to the open house i didnt see any Mutoh's so i asked why not and they told me they got tired of Mutoh. They did not say nothing bad about the VJ's but Mutoh as a whole company.

Stealth Ryder

I can think of at least 10 compatible inks for these outdated printers... Have you tried an altenative ink since you have known for awhile mutoh inks are an issue with your particular printer??? I see lots of these machines and HAVE NOT seen what you are describing...

Roland, HP, Epson, and Mutoh machines are all essentially the same machines... They all use the exact same inks and for the most part use the same parts and engineering... Makes no sense to me and the evidence I have seen does not support what are guys are saying...

And yes, Falcon Outdoor printers are outdated here in 2010, almost 2011... Parts are extremely expensive and make repair cost not effective when trying to compete in business...

I trade my car every three years just to ensure I am driving the current technology, same with my Smart Phones, etc because these are the tools that allow me to make a living...

Wraps ink

well lets see....mutoh has different inks for different printers....the only inks they have changed are the falcon inks....and mutoh admitted to that fact..thats why they redesigned the messed up cartridges..but those still dont work...so im using the valuejet inks and changing out the chip on the side...Im upset because just as everyone else has complained mutoh tells you to replace all these parts on your machine when they know that its the ink..and not the machine that has a problem...as for buying a new printer every 3 years...ive seen alot of my competition go out and get the best latest and greatest printers and before they know it they cant pay that huge payment and eventually go under all the while im sitting with paid for machines making twice the money with a better quality product...if it aint broke dont fix it...so I'll run my falcons until they die...in this economy why spend money when you dont have to..