• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh new ink disaster

g1sammons

QUOTE=Stealth Ryder;753038]Based on the tone of your post it seems you do know more about Printers, Inks, etc than all the techs out here who try to help folks like you... I am sure they all will remember how smart you are the next time you ask a question here and act accordingly... Glad you resolved your problem...

[/QUOTE]
Steath
This alway makes good help and busness

Seems you have forgoten you helps make your pay check every week

if this is how you treat your customers than you will have fewer

just because you know about something that someone els doesnt does not mean your better smarter or hold anything els over them

i promise you know more about these printer than i do

but also i promise that theres alot i know about that you dont !

1 being how to treat folks !

i own three different company's and make better money than most people

probally much better than you !

but it doesnt make me any better than anyone els out there and it doesnt give me the right to talk down to any one either

if you think im wrong than read back thru this post and look at the tone you leave behind!

so go on and buy your new stuff every three years and ill put the extra money away and retire way befor your smart self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and next time i go to buy a new printer ill will go els where and speak my mind all the way there!
just know this kind of crap just doesnt just turn me away i know of several who have turned away from sign warehouse because of this kind of stuff

Last edited:

g1sammons

im not
but theres alot different tone with randya then with stealth
i dont agree with randya on this ink stuff but can respect his willingness to try to help
without talking down to people and sugesting that these printers are have ing problems because they are out of date!
and i dont have issues with all the tech guys at sw some have been a great help
but talking down to people when your in that knid of position or any kind weather your right or wrong on the subject isnt gona help anything other than killing sales for whom you work for

and the insane idea that you need to replace these printer eveythree years is insane
no one would buy the vj or any other printer if someone told them its going to be no good in three years
fact is i dont know any one who replaces there printer that often
most of the people i know have a 4 to 5 year old printer some much older
i know a few that have the vj printers but they dont have plans to replace it in three years
thats just a bunch of crap no way around that issue!

bmatlock5

i know the problems i fought for six months suprisingly disappeared when i put valuejet ink in. cartidges fit better and ink has been flowing like it used to. i know if it were me and i was getting all of these problem calls and could not replicate the problem in-house, i would personally go to some of these peoples shops and see the problem firsthand, even if it required a little expense on my part. but the easiest way to solve this entire issue is to sell the valuejet cartridge without a card and inside the package enclose both a foil label and smartcard and let the customer affix the one required for their machine

g1sammons

amin
but it makes better profits to push a new printer and tell you your problem is a out dated printer !!!
i actually had a local fellers rep that told me mutoh know's of the problem and made changes to the cartages but they want us to use the old one up first!! because of the cost invloved

CheapVehicleWrap

They want you to use the old ones because of all the parts they'll get to sell you. Not to mention the likelihood they new cartridges (working ones) probably don't exist yet. Sort of like Vapor Ink.

ohh yeah, 3 years. What a crock of malarkey.

Wraps ink

Mutoh isnt gonna do anything about this...they dont care...they will just wait until everyone has to go out and buy new printers....There isone guy i spoke with at mutoh who actually cares and he said they have only been testing an in house refurbished printer for about a month...when it should have been done 6 months ago....and i envite any tech to come to my shop...mutoh can use my printers all they want to test on and I will also show them a huge box of wasted material I have been saving...I would also gladly go to Arizona and run some test prints....but doubt that would ever happen

euscrru

Let me add to the mix that I too have had these exact same problems over the last 6 months. No previous problems existed. In fact, i loved my OFII! Not now of course.

I do not believe the problem is so minor that Mutoh doesn't know about it and i do not believe that they cannot recreate the problem. Come to my shop and see the problem live. I already had a Mutoh tech and several GEI techs out over the last 6 months. We've replaced everything under the sun. The new answer from Mutoh management....."your printer is too old. You need to update it".

Has anyone else heard those words spoken?.....maybe in this forum.....hmmmmm

Need a class action law suit against Mutoh and any distributor selling these faulty cartridges!

bmatlock5

maybe what mutoh needs to do if their excuse will be get a new printer is offer a trade in program and offer like half off or more on a new printer. of course by now, i am not sure that would entice too many people or not

Wraps ink

same problems here...you wont find me out shopping for another mutoh...like i said before...i say we go to the next big SGIA show rent a booth and bring our mutoh printers and let them print so everyone can see what a great product mutoh sells...maybe they will notice

g1sammons

got a call from sw this morning and they replaced the blue cartage or cyan
sorry
surly didnt exspect that
my hat off to them !
i know it not all the problem but at least its a start!

Wide Open

Just wanted to make sure that I am experiencing the same issues as everyone else and to try the "wedge" to improve the "seal" of the cartridge.

I too have spent over $3,500 in the last few months and have replaced two sets of heads, pump station, dampers, etc. and it seems like the drop out (that color is not printing during nozzle check) has varied from three different colors. Is this the same problem you guys are talking about? If so, would you recommend the wedge method.

I have sent an email to technical support also. Thanks for your help! I appreciate all of the comments and assistance.

Kurt

g1sammons

Wide open
i never had a problem in my nozzel check
it would not show up untill about 5 to 6 inches inside a print
the cartage would starv ink from a single or multiple color
but they would print they would be starved not as solid color as they should
if you stop ans do a nozel check it would look ok
if you printed something solid red it would look like a color shift or kind of faded
kind of like ya ran out of ink a little but it was still trying to print
often it was reported to find small air bubbles in the ink lines
though i never had them just a ink starvation problem

i never used the wedge when i realized what was going on i made a board to that pushed all the cartages in tight. i made it from a piece of hard wood flooring and some large springs i bought at the hardware store
also you could feel a problem with the ink cartages not seating correct it felt as if there was a piece of rubber infront of the cartage and it wanted to push back a little when ya incerted it
hope that was some help
gary

SignAnnex

Sorry to hear about all the problems some of you guys are having. I think everyone has, to some extent, experienced the nauseating feeling we get when something goes terribly wrong with our printers. No one wants to lose customers, waste time or throw away money.

I have read this entire thread and realize this problem pertains to Falcon Outdoor printers. Don't mean to hijack the thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me exactly which inks Mutoh changed?

I have a Valuejet and just received a new shipment of cartridges from Fellers and they have different/new labels that actually cover the smart cards. Have all the inks changed or just the falcon inks?

CheapVehicleWrap

Sorry to hear about all the problems some of you guys are having. I think everyone has, to some extent, experienced the nauseating feeling we get when something goes terribly wrong with our printers. No one wants to lose customers, waste time or throw away money.

I have read this entire thread and realize this problem pertains to Falcon Outdoor printers. Don't mean to hijack the thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me exactly which inks Mutoh changed?

I have a Valuejet and just received a new shipment of cartridges from Fellers and they have different/new labels that actually cover the smart cards. Have all the inks changed or just the falcon inks?

Do a search. unfortunately you're screwed.