• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet and Graphtec

Hi, Im looking to purchase a mutoh valujet and was wondering if anyone has experience with printing on it and then cutting on a graphtec or similar plotter. I'm using Flexisign Pro right now and would need to contour cut decals. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Jim

Pro Image

Howdee from VA..............

I have a 1204 and a Mutoh cutter.......I am very happy with the output of both machines........

S

Sign-Man Signs

The print you wil be very happy with as well as the cutter.

os101king

VERY pleased. At least you should be. Creating useful contour cuts on bitmaps is trying at first, but becomes much easier and doing it from a Flexi-created or other vector image is downright simple. Watch your registration. I've found on long multiple runs of decals that it can vary up to 1/16" from one end of the print to the other. Only mucks me up when I'm doing small (2-3 sq inch or under) decals.

D&Tgraphics

I have the mutoh/graphtec combo and I love it. You shouldn't have any problems. One trick though with the contour cutting, if you can, add a bleed border around your image so if the cut does skew a little it won't show.

randya

VERY pleased. At least you should be. Creating useful contour cuts on bitmaps is trying at first, but becomes much easier and doing it from a Flexi-created or other vector image is downright simple. Watch your registration. I've found on long multiple runs of decals that it can vary up to 1/16" from one end of the print to the other. Only mucks me up when I'm doing small (2-3 sq inch or under) decals.

This might help for long jobs.
http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/24/

I have a Mutoh/Graghtec combo as well and it's the best money I ever spent! love both the machines! Don't know how I managed without them before. Contact me if you need any other info!
Kenna

P

ProWraps™

its exactly what we run. the mutoh 1204 and the graphtec fc7000-130. everything works like a charm.

jiarby

I have the Mutoh 1604 & a little CE5000-60 Graphtec.

I print decals on 60" 3651, but in 24" wide sheets with regmarks. So, it prints a 60x24 sheet, then I tear off the mutoh and feed into the CE5000 and use the corel plugin to cut the job.

The only trouble has been when the RIP resizes the job for some reason and the print is actually different than the cut file. Sometime I forget to make sure the reg marks layer is printable, but I usually catch that in the RIP (Onyx)

I have not had to cut anything bigger than the 24" cutter could do.

I think the new Onyx also has the CE5000 as a native cutter, but I still do it the old way.

I believe that having separate machines (cutter/printer) is best for my workflow.

SignosaurusRex

I have a Mutoh/Graghtec combo as well and it's the best money I ever spent! love both the machines! Don't know how I managed without them before. Contact me if you need any other info!
Kenna
I did not realize you were a member here Kenna. Nice to see that you are!:wink:

This gal is a sweetheart and oh so helpful!

I did not realize you were a member here Kenna. Nice to see that you are!:wink:

This gal is a sweetheart and oh so helpful!
Thank you! I've been a member for about a year now. Great place for advice and a good laugh once in a while too! Hope you are staying busy....it's been a madhouse here. I really love my printer and cutter. I didn't mention that my sales doubled the first 3 months I owned it from the previous quarter! I didn't expect that!
Well the sun is out so I'm going to go enjoy it before it starts to snow around here again!
Take Care!
Kenna

a+signgal

Mutoh saved my business! When I got hit with 2 competitors at the same time I knew I had to do something fast to stay ahead of the game, so I targeted the digital market. No more layers of vinyl on a banners. Now I offer full color awesome prints. The best part is that I'm still in business and I've gained new clients to add to the existing pool of clients.
Sign Gal

Matt Cuellar

The Mutoh/Graphtec is an awesome combo. Very reliable, will work seamlessly together with Flexi Pro, definitely a winning combo.

On a side note, I would like second SRex's comments on Kenna. She's an awesome woman, and one of my favorite customers! Always smiling, great to talk to you, and always willing to help. :smile:

The Mutoh/Graphtec is an awesome combo. Very reliable, will work seamlessly together with Flexi Pro, definitely a winning combo.

On a side note, I would like second SRex's comments on Kenna. She's an awesome woman, and one of my favorite customers! Always smiling, great to talk to you, and always willing to help. :smile:
Ahhh, thanks you guys! I really like to help where I can but you guys have been very helpful too! I always come away learning more after talking with you guys, it's great to share what we know and have learned, tip & tricks that will make the day go smoother! Lord knows we can all use an easy day!
Matt, the support I have recieved from you has been far beyond my expectations! I always refer to you as my friend instead of "the guy I got my printer from". :U Rock:
If it wasn't for the support of others like you guys it would be alot tougher to accomplish the things I have! Thanks!

Thanks for all the help. It's very reassuring to see all you guys having success with a similar setup. I think im going to purchase the Mutoh 1204.
Jim

sue

hi jim
i've got vj 1604 and the graptec fc700-100 plotter--i've had pretty good success with accurate cutting---if it's very detailed or small it might have a small shift--but i think the most offset i've had has been about an 1/8" --usually i add a bleed or an outline to accomodate that issue. learning to align the plotter took me a bit, but i'm sure you'll catch on--just need to allow enough room for the registration marks so the rollers are outside of them as well.