• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ 1204 Head Reolacement

Hi Team,

I have reached the last resort of coming to a head replacement for my Mutoh 1204. Maintenance station has been replaced, performed at least 20 Head soaks along with head cleanings, and still missing an entire black channel.

I am looking for the best place to purchase the Head from as the local company near me wants 2800 just for the Head and 80 per damper.

Is there anything special about replacing the Head? Programming? Alignments? Tricks or thing I wish I had known?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitzu

I've changed printheads in Mutoh Valuejet printers and all I had to do was to enter the head rank numbers. The alignments remained perfect.
Just make sure you take a picture of the sticker that has the head rank number before you install the printhead.
You can also remove the sticker from the printhead and place it on the carriage, so it can always be visible (but make a picture first, it's safer).
You can find all about entering the head rank here: https://signs101.com/threads/mutoh-vj1604-head-rank-number-help.68143/
Also, use a cloth when removing the dampers, you'll have some ink coming out from them. It's better to avoid ink coming in contact with the head cables and you keep everything clean.

Pitzu

As always, before you start servicing the printer, unplug the printer from the mains and push the power ON button to eliminate any remaining electricity,

Pitzu

I haven't had the opportunity to work with them. They have a very good technical support, that's for sure.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks! Would you recommend SolventInkJets as the supplier as a trusted source for the head?

Hi Bradley, We have been in business for over 10 years and have 1000's of satisfied customers. One of our biggest advantages is that we are located in Denver, CO so you can have the part as quick as tomorrow and you can always get a hold of us during normal business hours. We have also been a merchant member on Signs101 for many years. Feel free to call in if you have any questions!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks! That’s what I have been seeing! Are the parts OEM?

We have a mix of OEM and non-OEM depending on the part. All heads are OEM and most PCBs and Motors as well. All of the non-OEM parts are tested in the field by us personally so we only sell what we know works.

We have a mix of OEM and non-OEM depending on the part. All heads are OEM and most PCBs and Motors as well. All of the non-OEM parts are tested in the field by us personally so we only sell what we know works.

Awesome! Do you have service techs in Raleigh NC?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Awesome! Do you have service techs in Raleigh NC?

Unfortunately not anymore. Most of our customers work on their own machines and we only do tech work in the Colorado area. We do work with a few independent techs around the country but our guy in NC retired a few years back.

Brad,
when you say you did a head soak how did you do that?
thanks Brian

Hey! I plugged the drain lines from
the capping station and filled with cleaning solution and placed head over it for 24 hours. Then performed a strong cleaning with no results.