• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1614 - Vertical Banding - Dealer No Help

Bradster941

Wow, I sent him a P.M. yesterday at 1:56 asking to update this thread, he logged on yesterday at 4:51 but didn't comment. Strange..

CheapVehicleWrap

Ahh yes. I guessed it was SignWarehouse.com before I read it. I order the SAME EXACT "deal" at just about the same time you did. First printer was SMASHED because they loaded the stand on top. Several of the shock sensors were broken. About a month later a new one arrived with packaging differences to handle such improper packing, with at least 1 shock sensor broken. Quite frankly I'm surprised they're still in business. The sales people don't last long there. They actually shut me out of their support over this...but what is it really worth to begin with? I could get better support at a car dealer. FSWH!

Stealth Ryder

Ahh yes. I guessed it was SignWarehouse.com before I read it. I order the SAME EXACT "deal" at just about the same time you did. First printer was SMASHED because they loaded the stand on top. Several of the shock sensors were broken. About a month later a new one arrived with packaging differences to handle such improper packing, with at least 1 shock sensor broken. Quite frankly I'm surprised they're still in business. The sales people don't last long there. They actually shut me out of their support over this...but what is it really worth to begin with? I could get better support at a car dealer. FSWH!

I assume you reported your Shipping Damage within a reasonable time frame and did not wait 10 months to do so. The shipping company loads the equipment onto the trucks making them responsible for any damage while the equipment is in their possesion. No trucking company in their right mind would honor a shipping claim 10 months after the fact...

CheapVehicleWrap

My first 1614 from SW was smashed, all sensor tripped. They jerked me around for a month before the replacement came. Salesman also moved on. After that 35k sale, they seemed uninterested in selling me thousands of dollars of supplies. So, I went elsewhere :)

klmjff

Sounds like you need to report Mutoh and/or the dealer to the Better Business Bureau. They have done WONDERS for me when these shi&%y companies won't help you. If you're still havin problems getting a replacement printer, go to www.bbb.com and file an online complaint. You will be surprised how quickly they will bend over backwards for you.(hopefully)

Stealth Ryder

Sounds like you need to report Mutoh and/or the dealer to the Better Business Bureau. They have done WONDERS for me when these shi&%y companies won't help you. If you're still havin problems getting a replacement printer, go to www.bbb.com and file an online complaint. You will be surprised how quickly they will bend over backwards for you.(hopefully)

This thread is so old and over...

So tell us, how can you tell if the equipment is damaged until it is installed?

I'd Really like to know this one.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think they are referring to physical damage you can see from the outside... If you cant see it. open it, install it upon arrival, and call and make claiim within 2-10 days. It's those that wait 3 months to install that have challenges in the long run...

luggnut

i have a mutoh falcon and sometimes get vertical banding.. i hear the valujet users have it sometimes too. i don't hear about rolands having vertical banding? do they have a better heater set up or vaccum?

signhere

wow what a hassle. I wouldn't talk with a sales person to handle this. Call Mutoh and ask for Mike Bisson. the guy helped us out alot and got our printer woes taken care of. his email address is:
MBisson@mutoh.com
good luck

jimmyheartcore

Ahhhh, I see.... How bout those that wait 10 months to file a shipping damage claim?

After reading everything that has been presented, it is amazing that you're continuing to act so ignorant about what has been discussed. If you were talking with someone who you considered to be an expert, and they were telling you -- a complete newbie to the sign world as my bosses were -- to not worry about the shipping damage sensors and that they were going to stand behind their product if it were in fact damaged, would you not listen to them?

It is really a non-issue, and your continued posting in this thread about how "old the thread is" is laughable, considering that you keep posting here despite it being so "old". :noway:

However, to bring everyone up to speed on the situation -- we did get ahold of Mutoh. Mike Bisson was very helpful in getting everything sorted out, as well as getting our defective printer working. We have had a replacement unit for several months, which runs like a dream.

I am glad that the helpful bunch at Mutoh stepped in and worked with us to reach a solution to the problem. Once Mike got involved, it didn't take very long. We had a phone conference, and they offered a replacement printer. We had it within a week, installed it, and it works great!

I'm very thankful that we were able to work everything out so wonderfully. I am a fan of Mutoh's work ethic -- though it took us a while to talk to the right person, they definitely made good on their product.

And as for our service through SW, we renewed our Warranty through a different distributor, who is located much closer to us.

onesource

I would send a certified letter stating that you will not seek compensation for financial damages caused by bad equipment from day 1 that they are refusing to resolve in return for a properly working new machine. Don't let any company push you by the wayside.

DigitalBBQ

This is a good example to spend money on local dealer so the machinery can be installed, start, and warrant to work for the buyer onsite!

Don't sign anything, Don't accept anything, and have your attorney on standby. Pre-paid legal service is a good idea!

Even the AirBus plane deliver and show you how it work!

Toddster

Toddster
Wow! I finally found somebody with the same problem as us!
I have had numerous technicians out to work on our VJ1614 as well and all it does is sugar coat the situation and they dont help with anything else. We are definitely out of our 1 year warranty, and as if it matters anyway..... so it seems you have the same software as us too. RIP if flexi pro 8.6v2. I am thinking i need to try the onyx demo before going any further. Have you ran through that scenario?:omg2: