• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1614 - Vertical Banding - Dealer No Help

astro8

What program are you using to create artwork and what RIP. If you take your pink color and match it with a PMS color (not making it a CMYK or a spot color), does it still have bands. If it only happens with certain colors it is not the printer but the way you have set up your print with your art program and RIP. For example if you take a color in Illustrator and turn down the % it will happen with certain colors.

Again...What program are you using to create artwork and what RIP?

I've seen this exact pattern with mimakis whilst using Photoprint.

Is it repeating this when only sending a .jpeg or .tiff through the RIP?

jimmyheartcore

Again...What program are you using to create artwork and what RIP?

I've seen this exact pattern with mimakis whilst using Photoprint.

Is it repeating this when only sending a .jpeg or .tiff through the RIP?

I am using Flexi 8.6 to create artwork and Production Manager to RIP directly from Flexi.

astro8

Yep, same RIP...I tried everything to get rid of it..what I had to do was reinstall the software...don't ask me why, I don't know, but it fixed my problems.

I can't say it will fix your problem, but when I saw your pics of the 'vertical banding' it just looked exactly the same.

MachServTech

Just to eliminate the possibility of the RIP, get a demo version of Onyx and run the same file through to compare. It would only take a half an hour and wold eliminate that as a variable.

benjercorp

What type and brand of material are you printing on??
May be also software related this used to happen with Wasatch 6.0

after seeing your actual pix, i therefore conclude that it's a matter of media and heater settings try to minimize the platen heater, and like randya said must have it printed in head high...

LAKEWOOD SIGNS

The legality is that the shipper (sign warehouse) should have filed a claim with the shipping company. This needs to be done 3 to 10 days (contingent on shipping company) after receipt of the item. Photos are really important to show the crating damage and the damage to the machine itself. If you have the original document that the driver signed stating the machine was damaged, and photos and documentation that the sales rep from Sign Warehouse made a "note" of the damage you may (highly unlikely at this late date) be able to file a claim through Sign Warehouse against the shipping company. Mutoh has absolutely no responsiblity in this matter.

As much as you have tried to deal with this situation, the shipment should have been refused. Your only recourse is to sue sign warehouse for not filing a claim. You will probably win the claim if you have in your possession the documentation listed above.

Stealth Ryder

If the equipment was damaged during shipment it should have been refused upon arrival. Waiting months to make a claim is insane, the shipping company most certainly will not honor a claim that long after delivery.

Bradster941

If the equipment was damaged during shipment it should have been refused upon arrival. Waiting months to make a claim is insane, the shipping company most certainly will not honor a claim that long after delivery.

So tell us, how can you tell if the equipment is damaged until it is installed?

I'd Really like to know this one.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Techman

A really good question...
shock sensors tell you it was beaten to death or not.. If one is tripped then its a good guess that every thing could be Ok.. If three are tripped then that's a good sign this load is junk and should be refused in my humble opinion.

In any case I look with both eyes if some shipping box comes in with any sign of damage no matter what is sent.

as for banding...
Let me ask this question.

What does the test print do? Using the machines test menu you can easily tell if the machine is messing up or if the software is messing it all up.
What does the machines test prints show? If they are bending then there it is. If they are not showing banding then I would try a new software package as suggested above.

Stealth Ryder

I am just stating that if the sensors are all tripped and the packaging is damaged that's a huge indication there is most surely some damage to the contents of the package. I mean, that's what they are there for I think, as an indication that the package arrived safely. If we are not going to pay attention to them then they might as well not put them on the packages. And then to wait months later and expect to justify a shipping claim is just silly. I can assure you the Transport Company are not going to honor a claim after this much time and they were responsible for the package once they took possession of it. Just an opinion...

Stealth Ryder

This is a waste of time I think... If the sensors, which are there to indicate likely damage during shipment have been tripped then it is pretty certain there is damage. A normal person would immediately file a shipping claim, or at least I would. I certainly wouldn't wait 30 days or longer to attempt to file a claim. All transport company's I am familiar with have a 10-15 day period to file a shipping claim which is more than enough time to do so. All I know about this situation is what I have read here but clearly there was never a claim filed within the time limit provided by the shipping company. I don't have a dog in this fight but from what I read was a lack of responsibility in terms of making the responsible folks aware that there was damage while the package was in transit by the shipping company who were responsible for the package once a driver accepted it for shipment. That's all I got.

LAKEWOOD SIGNS

I'd Really like to know this one....

This is from the OP first post. They knew the machine was damanged when it was received. :help

Come to find out, when the printer was delivered 10 months ago all of the shock sensors were broken. The driver signed off on this, and it was reported to the dealer immediately. The sale associate instructed us to accept the shipment, and said he was noting it in our file

signage

In all my years of dealing with shipping companies I have been told that if you think it is damaged not to receive it! Once you sign for it it is yours and most likely will be blamed for any damage! All any company that is selling you something wants is you to get the item and if it is damaged in shipment and you refuse it, it then put the onus (sp) on them and the shipping company but once you sign for it it shifts the onus to you and the shipping company! So all the associate on the phone was doing was wiping the companies hands of any responsibility!

jimmyheartcore

Update!

We had a conference call with Mutoh and Sign Warehouse, and we discussed getting a replacement printer. I am very pleased to say that Mutoh is standing behind their product!

They are going to send us a replacement and Sign Warehouse, Mutoh, and us are going to be splitting the shipping three ways.

We are very happy with this solution, and look forward to our continued relationship with them.

rambo555

I have to be completely honest... I will never ever again purchase a printer through Sign Warehouse. I receive great support for Keith and Santiago there, but no one else. I've relayed my frustrations to Mutoh during a wrap class I attended. Not sure what ever came of it except the fact that Sign Warehouse has lost my business. They even tried selling me a version of firmware for over $1K. Apparently that is OK with Mutoh as they are the exclusive reseller of the model I own. I love my printer, but dislike the reseller!

Stealth Ryder

All my experiences there have been good, They always have a plentiful supply of parts when I need them. I personally, have never had a bad experience with them.