• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1614 - Vertical Banding - Dealer No Help

wrapworld2

After being refused to this point from both parties as nice as you have been about all this, I would definately seek legal counsel in this manner. I am truly sorry for your problems with both sign warehouse and Mutoh. I am in the buying process of credit right now of a new 54" machine. So i could certainly say i'm back to square one on what printer to buy. this kind of thing would have ruined me right off the bat. And for them to treat you like that and do nothing for months is a complete disgrace on their part. I can't believe i found this post this morning. I CANT AND WILL NOT TAKE THIS CHANCE NOW>>> THANKS FOR YOUR HONESTY IN THIS ISSUE>
JUST COST THEM ANOTHER sixteen grand> lee flatt

Toddster

Toddster
Mutoh Vertical Banding

Ya my lease is up next year and i dont even think that i will finish it up by doing the 1000.00 dollar buy out to keep it. Although alot of print shops out there dont have this particular problem with the same machine, it is very difficult to get somebody to stand behind their machines rather than their paperwork. But ultimately this is what happens and people are going to talk about it and they are going to make their purchasing decisions based off the fact that nobody wants to get stuck with a printer that does not work the way that they said it would! It could be one in twenty....I dont know.
Time to start researching next years printer........

randya

Ya my lease is up next year and i dont even think that i will finish it up by doing the 1000.00 dollar buy out to keep it. Although alot of print shops out there dont have this particular problem with the same machine, it is very difficult to get somebody to stand behind their machines rather than their paperwork. But ultimately this is what happens and people are going to talk about it and they are going to make their purchasing decisions based off the fact that nobody wants to get stuck with a printer that does not work the way that they said it would! It could be one in twenty....I dont know.
Time to start researching next years printer........

Actually this is perhaps the best reason to maintain the warranty.

Yes, the manufacturer has certain obligations, but so does the purchaser, shipper and installer. If we bore the responsibility of all, we could not survive in business.

Mutoh often goes beyond its obligations to 'paperwork' (warranty), but cannot in every case, just like with your other purchases, cars, houses, electronics, healthcare etc. Extended warranty is your 'insurance'. Insurance, hopefully you do not need, but is there when you do.

Toddster

Toddster
I understand what you mean by extending the warranty but only to a point!
When I was under warranty and had the techs out to fix the issue, it still never was really fixed completely. I could see the banding, and I knew it was there but they explained that it wasn't enough for the customer to notice. So even with an extended warranty, I would be paying to have a tech come out only to explain the inevitable which is that the problem is not serious enough for my customers. Why should I have to gamble my customers view of quality at the cost of another warranty that wouldn't nearly make a difference?
Extended warranty is not the fix. We need an experienced tech to know what he is dealing with and fix it right the first time, whether it be a replacement printer or parts.
I would at this point, definitely push the blame back to the manufacturer because i see that I am not the only one with this issue.

randya

When I was under warranty and had the techs out to fix the issue, it still never was really fixed completely.

Then the question is why raise this issue now that the machine is out of warranty, instead of resolving the issue under warranty?

And how out of warranty is the machine now?

If you will PM me your serial# and contact info, I can follow up on Monday when I return to the office.
If you are out of the country this should go through your local dealer, but I will help if I can.
If you are using a 3rd party ink, that could also be contributory.

Last edited: