• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Plotter Won't Work

Nelson Newbie

Hi. I just got my new plotter (after waiting two weeks from this jerk on ebay) and it sure looks nice. I can't get him to answer his phone and the instructions are written in Chinese I think.

Can someone help me with what to do next?

alanzhao

Nelson Newbie said:
Hi. I just got my new plotter (after waiting two weeks from this jerk on ebay) and it sure looks nice. I can't get him to answer his phone and the instructions are written in Chinese I think.

Can someone help me with what to do next?

Chinese?

Please post the manual, let's see what I can do.

wildside

First i would file a complaint with ebay!!!!

next i would call Roland, Graphtec, gerber, the local sign supply store and ask about buying a plotter

maybe someone on here has one for sale, who knows

you get what you pay for, and ebay is not the best place to trust a vital part of your business too, when purchasing equipment

www.advantagesignsupply.com
www.midwestsignandscreen.com
www.gregory1.com
www.gspinc.com
www.rolanddga.com
www.signwarehouse.com

among other sites as well, which others might chime in

Bradster941

Nelson, is that the Master plotter by DCSIGN?
If so, what model is it?
Also, what software do you have, Flexi or the other one that guy is packaging now?

Nelson Newbie

What I got is a plotter from this guy on ebay. I don't know what brand it is because I don't read or speak Chinese. It comes with a CD called Flexisign Pro that cost me $200 extra but is supposed to do everything. Am I supposed to have a computer to use this?

Bradster941

Seems to me you have a computer or else you wouldn't be able to post..

Geez, this thread is going to need a lot of cleaning up by the time it's done Fred....

iSign

Nelson Newbie said:
It comes with a CD called Flexisign Pro ...Am I supposed to have a computer to use this?

no, it's a brush holder. The brush does everything, but if you rest it in the hole in the CD, it will keep the wet paint off your bench. You'll need to spring for another left handed one too though. That's what ya get for shoppin' ebay...no left handed brush stand in the package geeeezzeeloiuzzzee

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Bradster941 said:
Seems to me you have a computer or else you wouldn't be able to post..

Geez, this thread is going to need a lot of cleaning up by the time it's done Fred....

No I am text messaging from my cell phone.

Bradster941

Welcome to the boards Nelson. Please fill out your profile so the knowledgeable members will know what equipment and software you have.
Once that information is available, the chances are someone on this board will have the same or similar setup and will be able to help you with the setup for operation of your new plotter if customer support from the seller is not available.

On your new plotter should be the manufacturers name, along with a model and serial number. Use the name in your favorite search engine to locate the manufactures web site.
From there, you should be able to do a search using the model number to display your specific plotter and obtain a manual in English that you can print out.
Once you have done this, please post back “In This Thread” if you are having any problems with the setup or operation of your new equipment.

iSign

Bradster941 said:
Welcome to the boards Nelson. Please fill out your profile so the knowledgeable members will know what equipment and software you have.
Once that information is available, the chances are someone on this board will have the same or similar setup and will be able to help you with the setup for operation of your new plotter if customer support from the seller is not available.

On your new plotter should be the manufacturers name, along with a model and serial number. Use the name in your favorite search engine to locate the manufactures web site.
From there, you should be able to do a search using the model number to display your specific plotter and obtain a manual in English that you can print out.
Once you have done this, please post back “In This Thread” if you are having any problems with the setup or operation of your new equipment.

hey Brad... aren't you that guy from the Brady Bunch? ...no, wait, it was Lassie right? yeah, you played Jimmy (or was it Opie?) :wink:

Bradster941

you played Jimmy

Yes, that was me, can't even tell you how many times I fell down that DAMN OLD WELL !!!...

By the way, I'm still waiting for a "Test Video" from you 'O Master of the Islands.. :thread

Let me know if you need a online storage link again for the upload.

Last edited:
This cat has went from "what plotter do I buy?" to "File Problems" to "Hi. I just got my new plotter (after waiting two weeks from this jerk on ebay)....
ALL within his first 5 posts within an amazing 4 minutes Signs101 time.

Cadmn

Bradster941 said:

there again you get what ya pay for & the computer Just make sure it has one of those custom coffee cup holders & dont use styrofoam cups as it will squish them & spill good coffee & possibly cause damage to your brush holder:beerI bet your flexi is from a :software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Si Allen said:
Methinks that we have a Troll here!

Keep reading Si ... it's practice for permanent posts in our new Newbie Forum.

Now say that (new Newbie Forum) three times real fast. :beer