• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My SP300V and its printing problem..

Props for the Pedobear decal!

ahah

IMG_6773.jpg

TresL

Sorry no luck....

I went from the front of the PC to the back on the USB, which was on another USB bus.

How long is your USB cable?

Sorry no luck....

I went from the front of the PC to the back on the USB, which was on another USB bus.

How long is your USB cable?

I went from the back to the front..
I have it on a 50ft network cable *the pritner is in a different room*
with usb adapters that are good for up to 200ft. The cable is also powered.

Sabre

Could you just put it on the network line? Or is that how you buy these things, one or the other?

Could you just put it on the network line? Or is that how you buy these things, one or the other?

no this is what makes me mad! When I started talking to my rep about getting one. I asked him can you network the machine and he said yes.

The reason I needed to make sure we could is because the printer was going to be in another room too far away for USB.

BUT you cant network the SP300V only the VP300

TresL

Maybe try and go straight USB by moving the PC for a test???

By going through the adapters, your adding items that could be causing the issue.

As this is almost 100% the issue I had with a bad USB port.
The printer would loose the signal being sent to it from the PC.

You should be able to use a wired print server without much issues.

Maybe try and go straight USB by moving the PC for a test???

By going through the adapters, your adding items that could be causing the issue.

As this is almost 100% the issue I had with a bad USB port.
The printer would loose the signal being sent to it from the PC.

You should be able to use a wired print server without much issues.

A big pain in the butt moving it next to the computer but i'm trying it right now.

woolly

hi as it seems to stop at the same distance of print, have a look in the menu for material distance left, to see if that is the same distance.

woolly

hi as it seems to stop at the same distance of print, have a look in the menu for material distance left, to see if that is the same distance.

woolly

I just moved it over right next to the computer and it worked perfect the 2times i have printed..

So for the ones that have the SP300 or anything like that.. HOw do I run it with it being 35ish feet from the computer?

hoppers

I too have a SP300V and wanted to have the computer in the next room...but through usb, Rolands states in the setup guide to not use anything over 3 meters (9 feet) long and dont use a USB hub. Its on page 33 in my roland SP300V Setup guide (from 2005, yours may be on a different page).

I wish I could go longer too (like the network cable of the VP), but I just have a 6 foot USB cord hooked into my Rip/Print computer next to it on a desk.

So I think your out of luck there unless you can call your Roland rep for suggestions. Keep us in the loop on what you find out if so, thanks.

high impact

I know a shop where they mounted a bracket on the printer itself to hold the rip computer and the rest of the shop was wireless networked.